2024 WEEK 1 | vs Cheeseheads in Brazil

Kiltman

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So much for White being an underrated addition as some claimed.

This is time for the other underwhelming LB to show he belongs and hopefully anchor the middle of the defense for this team for years to come. Unlikely I know, but that's where we are with this team and LB. 

Edited by Broadway Joe

1 hour ago, eagles91 said:

Might be Trotter time sooner rather than later. Bust out The Hatchet...

I'll be happy if we just don't get completely abused over the middle of the field.

Nice nickname. 

I was thinking Ax Boy but that one is better. 

53 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

White took a ton of the first reps all camp, yet like every nfl insider is now acting like it was a known story that he wasn’t going to start regardless of the injury now?

Confused Math Lady GIF

And that we were trying to trade him too. This sounds like the kid that gets denied and says "I didn't want to anyway".

Edited by Broadway Joe
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

White took a ton of the first reps all camp, yet like every nfl insider is now acting like it was a known story that he wasn’t going to start regardless of the injury now?

Confused Math Lady GIF

Exactly.  White was even listed on the depth chart as the starter, was he not? 

I love the media and even the instant negative reactions already from some, just because of that report. 🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u

32 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Exactly.  White was even listed on the depth chart as the starter, was he not? 

I love the media and even the instant negative reactions already from some, just because of that report. 🍺

It is baffling in a lot of ways.

Devin White was considered a poor fit and signing from day one, Fangio pretty much said Dean was bad after the joint practices. And I don't think they're that different of a player maybe in athleticism. 

Maybe the team didn't care that much because it's what they had to work with and the drop-off wasn't significant. 

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Confused Math Lady GIF

Yeah I mean I know everyone has been saying how well Dean played the last three weeks of camp…. But I thought he was likely to replace Baun not White? Idk whole thing is odd, but we will see what we got. I will say I want to see what Burks can do. He is likely our best coverage LB and had some nice fill in games in SF. 

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I know I simply hoped he was less trash than the trash we previously had…. But ya this is not a good sign for him. 

I have heard Dean had a really good camp after a rough week one so the cope angle here is that Dean really earned his spot. I do think Vic wants to feature him in the blitz which would highlight his strengths more imo. Guess we get answers soon though. 

Dean definitely earned his spot in camp, certainly at least over the last 2-3 weeks of camp he really won the job.  That said, I'm still happy that White is here as well as Trotter.  This is the 1st time in a long time going into the season I'm not really worried about the linebackers.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yeah I mean I know everyone has been saying how well Dean played the last three weeks of camp…. But I thought he was likely to replace Baun not White? Idk whole thing is odd, but we will see what we got. I will say I want to see what Burks can do. He is likely our best coverage LB and had some nice fill in games in SF. 

Huh? Burks going in for Greenlaw played a significant role in the Chiefs winning the SB.  I'd rather Burks stick to ST

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Confused Math Lady GIF

Maybe White doesn't want to travel to Brazil for some other reason (no horses to ride?) and this weird ankle injury is an alibi.

5 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Huh? Burks going in for Greenlaw played a significant role in the Chiefs winning the SB.  I'd rather Burks stick to ST

Just because Burks was a downgrade for their LBs doesn't mean it wouldn't be an upgrade from ours...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

He had a bad game in the SB, but he had good games through his time in SF and he is solid in coverage.