2024 WEEK 1 | vs Cheeseheads in Brazil

Kiltman

6 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Glad the Eagles came to their senses, cause I'm pretty sure White probably got the most 1st team reps in camp....

I don't think either will be above average in coverage, but I trust Dean with the green dot at MIKE much more than White.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't think it will be worse than last year or 2020. But probably not as good as 2017 or 2022 in which it was decent, sometimes good. 

Remember 2011 (Dream Team) LBs?

Casey Matthews, Jamar Chaney, Moise Fokou and....

brian-rolle-2.gif

That was a turrible group.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

He pretty much got abused in the passing game.  Don't need to see that again and he's certainly not better than the guys ahead of him on the depth chart.  He is however an excellent st player and you could do a lot worse for your #6 ILB

Sure, but the point being made was that he might be the best cover LB on this squad and that he played well in some games in SF. Now you're on some all-or-nothing strawman argument that he was bad in the SB and sucks.

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

I think Dean, Trotter, Burks, and Baun's floor is Morrow and Cunningham. They have a much higher ceiling and LBer play should be improved, we'll see though. Im more concerned about how well this Dline can stop the run and rush the passer than I am with our LBer play.

That says an alarming amount of concern. 

At least this year the LBs have the speed to get to the sideline. Last year they were so slow and everything outside was an automatic gain for the offense. 

31 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Remember 2011 (Dream Team) LBs?

Casey Matthews, Jamar Chaney, Moise Fokou and....

That was a turrible group.

The fact that we all have like 3 different teams of all time LB bad play off the top of our heads is so depressing. We should probably resign to the idea that they will always suck.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I remember last year how stressful every game was. That was the theme of last year, ultimately leading to the giant collapse. Every game felt the same. Was talking out loud to myself/my wife yesterday, what will this season's story be? I wonder what the theme will be.

It got so ridiculous and so exhausting that I was checking my heart rate after every game to see if it topped last week's. The highest was the first Dallas game, and maybe not as stressful because it came so fast and so disappointing was Seattle. 

Edited by Broadway Joe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, eagles91 said:

Sure, but the point being made was that he might be the best cover LB on this squad and that he played well in some games in SF. Now you're on some all-or-nothing strawman argument that he was bad in the SB and sucks.

Truth be told that is probably Trotter, but we'll see when he gets in some meaningful games.  And nobody said Burks sucks, but his primary value is in ST.  If the Eagles need him to play in the regular offense they are in trouble.

• Like 1

I'm just hoping they can get some semblance of quality LB play. The White news doesn't really mean much to me personally because I wasn't expecting much from him. It would be amazing if Trotter Jr. can be a difference maker on this team although unlikely at least this season. I'll gladly accept just serviceable play from the LBs this year which would be a huge step up from last year's mess.

Sorry Pete, I wish I had something a little more intriguing to talk about. Lol.

Edited by Folesadelphia
I was building the suspense for Pete. Just to inevitably underwhelm him with my response.
  • Like 1

I don't know where the narrative that Dean won the Mike job over White came from. They hardly gave Dean reps with the ones there, he mostly replaced Baun at the Jack position. Dean did outplay White in preseason (granted, it was against other teams 2's and 3's), but he wasn't getting those reps at practice. Now, there are reports about White being shopped around. Was there an effort to play 3D chess and make people like White and Bradberry more desirable and building their hype by giving them undeserved reps? That idea sounds ridiculous and imprudent to me. Although, it doesn't make sense to give White all the 1st team reps while attempting to trade him and at the same time thinking that Dean is winning the battle for Mike. It makes me question the veracity of the claims in the tweet that sparked this conversation.

• Like 1

I believe as much of the **** reported the last 24hrs as do a ACE prediction thread. 

Reporters do what they do. Always speculate and want to be deem the first to report A, B, and C is.....?

Not one of them have I ever heard an apology from as to, I made a mistake in my reporting......! Not 1

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I believe as much of the **** reported the last 24hrs as do a ACE prediction thread. 

Reporters do what they do. Always speculate and want to be deem the first to report A, B, and C is.....?

Not one of them have I ever heard an apology from as to, I made a mistake in my reporting......! Not 1

Yeah, it's hard to reconcile that report with the reports from beat writers over the course of training camp and preseason. I'm obviously inclined to believe what's been reported by every beat writer over the past months rather than read too much into what's being reported now by others. I don't know where the idea that Dean had clearly won the Mike spot comes from. Like I've said, Dean did come on the past few weeks and looked like the Eagles best LB but Dean's performances didn't result in him receiving the first team reps. From what I recall, Dean was mostly playing for Baun as the Jack LB when he ran with the 1s. I imagine there will be more reporting and we will get a better idea of what exactly is going on with the White situation. Some things are just not adding up to me here 

• Like 1