2024 WEEK 1 | vs Cheeseheads in Brazil

Kiltman

On 9/6/2024 at 11:50 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

A win is a win, but that felt eerily similar to those 2023 wins we stacked up before collapsing, since it’s not sustainable to win in this league by going down to wire every week. This game should’ve been over when we had the ball on their 11 up 31-26. Punch it in there, and none of this drama ensues. 

It’s week 1 so again, I am happy with the win no matter how it looked, but if we’re saying this again as we stack up wins 4, 5, 6, another “collapse” will be right around the corner.

Hurts has to figure it out. Too much experience to make some of the decisions he continues to make.

GB is a good team. I'm waiting to see if we can dominate the bad teams on the schedule before jumping to this. Still TBD if we're looking at '22 type wins, or '23 type wins.

22 minutes ago, TRUTH said:

I’m giving all edge pass rushers a pass for this game.  Nobody could bend and reach the edge because the field was so bad

Yeah I saw Huff fall down instantly one play guy couldn't even stand on the field

16 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

What about Bryce Huff? 

He left some to be desired but as @TRUTH said, that field was arguably worse than the SB field. Not a single edge rusher on either team had a good game. Huff is a speed around the arc guy too which requires something to pivot around. I'm holding off on judging him thus far.

16 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

He left some to be desired but as @TRUTH said, that field was arguably worse than the SB field. Not a single edge rusher on either team had a good game. Huff is a speed around the arc guy too which requires something to pivot around. I'm holding off on judging him thus far.

Not arguably. It was way worse. But he looked the worst of all edges, Sweat flashed some and even Nolan Smith. The field was terrible and so was he. 

13 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

How the **** is Saquon at a 58 LOL. Guy was a weapon? 130 yards and 3 TD's. Meh mediocre game.

This invalidates a lot of PFF analysis for me I can't lie. How do you wrap your head around that?

I feel like a lot of smart people have left PFF

1 minute ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Hurts did not deserve that low of a grade imo. He sure had his issues but there was a lot of good also. Rust showed. Why can't we all just enjoy our franchise QB. We could be the Giants or worse 

Nobody is going to enjoy their franchise QB if they're doing their best to give the game away and lose.

Hurts needs to be better plain and simple. His negatives have been showing up bigger than his positives now going on 2 seasons since 2022. His "scrambling ability" and running plays are dam near nonexistent and a waste of a down now. He did make some good runs on that last drive of the game when he was going north/south. Any time he runs to the side its automatic failure. Hes far too slow and often times runs backwards as hes leaving the pocket. Hurts needs to stop calling his number and limit his runs to 1 or 2 a game, not 8-10.

Defense has to be better and we'll see how different they look now that they're on a good field so im not going to be too harsh on them yet. They showed some good things and the ceiling is there whereas last year it wasnt. Dline has to step it up and the run defense needs to be better. Take out the Reed run and the Packers still averaged 6.5 YPC, which is absurd especially considering Packers didnt have their #2 and 3 RBs. They need to step it up vs ATL because thats their main offense.