Opening Night GDT 9/5: Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs

Chiefer

4 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I'm absolutely fascinated by the Chiefs and their transition from league darling to demon. Everybody hates them now, it seems - convinced they're the luckiest team that gets all the breaks and preferential treatment. 

Are the Chiefs the Bad Guys? v5.0 coming up in a few months, count on it.

The hate for Chiefs is certainly not warranted. It's really just jealousy. 

At least with the Patriots, there was good reason to dislike the organization going all the way back to the tuck rule vs Raiders game, deflated footballs, spy scout at practices, etc. (what else am I missing?) It just seemed like the organization as a whole was looking for any advantage possible & up to circumventing rules to win Championships. They had the Chiefs luck X-1000 & a great QB as well.

The Chiefs are just simply hated because Patrick Mahomes sounds like Kermit the Frog.

I don't quite get the vitriol against the Chiefs, other than teams are tired of them winning. 

3 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Damn MnF going to be the set of the new trolls movie after all the nitpicking we’ll get of Rodgers/Purdy. Lamar played good, not sure why he’s not throwing to his top 5 TE

He threw to his top 5 TE all night, dude was a toe out of bounds for the last TD 

7 hours ago, typecast said:

From that skycam angle, Zay is bracketed by McDuffie and Cook as Lamar steps up to avoid Chris Jones. As he slips inside of Jones, he gets a quick peek at Bateman between Faalale and Mekari. Both Cook and McDuffie overreact to Bateman running the crosser and both bail on Flowers to protect their side of the field against Bateman. Chenal is spying Lamar, who is carrying the ball like he's going to throw. Chenal pursues Lamar and forces him to pass. By the time Flowers is revealed as uncovered, Lamar is already committed and throwing the ball to Bateman. Bateman kinda just runs into Bolton, bails to his where he thinks his landmark is in the endzone. Maybe Lamar was anticipating Bateman to curl away from the defenders instead of into them?

Yeah even looking at this footage of behind Lamar, he still missed Bateman by...like 3 yards. He had to have been expecting Bateman to cut his route and zig back inside but I have a hard time believing that he would've hit Bateman even if Bateman managed to do that based on where the ball ended up going.

Just an awful play from Lamar, tbh. I get rushing the throw because you know Chris Jones is behind you against Justice Hill, but damn...

Just now, Soko said:

Likely, Schultz, Goedert, Pitt, and Noah Gray round out that top 5, I’d say

Noah Gray is a baller for sure. Dude just got 10 mill guaranteed right before the game and you could tell, dude was hustling out there 

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

You do understand you just don't want to be called a conspiracy theorist. It's the same reason the Chiefs never get called for illegals blocks downfield.

The average ref is like 50+ and they're just blind past a certain age, can't call what you literally can't see. 

People attribute to malice what can easily be explained by the refs don't have 4k over the field cameras for eyes, they have 50+ year old eyeballs that started drifting 2 decades ago. I don't think I've ever seen a ref wear glasses.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

The hate for Chiefs is certainly not warranted. It's really just jealousy. 

At least with the Patriots, there was good reason to dislike the organization going all the way back to the tuck rule vs Raiders game, deflated footballs, spy scout at practices, etc. (what else am I missing?) It just seemed like the organization as a whole was looking for any advantage possible & up to circumventing rules to win Championships. They had the Chiefs luck X-1000 & a great QB as well.

The Chiefs are just simply hated because Patrick Mahomes sounds like Kermit the Frog.

I don't quite get the vitriol against the Chiefs, other than teams are tired of them winning. 

Mahomes and co are hated because they're 3x champions who've at some point ended the playoff dreams of every AFC team worth a damn. Occupational hazard.

• Like 1

Chiefs earned the victory here. No question about that.

But it's also hard to escape the conclusion that Lamar had a game-winning drive pretty much gift-wrapped, then failed to finish it in multiple ways: he let the clock run way too long before making decisions, and then missed that wide-open guy in the endzone on second down.

Harbaugh is why Baltimore lost last night.

Hell, he was even going to go for 2 when they thought they had the game tieing TD.

Did you see him hold up his 2 fingers?

Passed on a FG in the 1st QTR.

Just really stupid coaching decisions, that not only changes momentum if your wrong?  But leaves pts on the field, when you fail going for it on 4th down & 3.

He could have told Lamar Jackson to spike it, after letting 30+ seconds drain off the clock. 

Don't get me wrong, Lamar didn't have his best night. But he's not why they lost the game. His fumble forced by Chris Jones, only netted Kansas City a FG.

But Harbaugh 's aggressiveness is at minimum, why they weren't able to send the game into OT.

OT, would have been the perfect time to be aggressive, imo.

Harbaugh is why Baltimore lost last night, imo.

15 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I had no problem with Harbaugh going for 2 if they would’ve scored. 

Yeah that was the smart play. That Chiefs defense was exhausted and on the ropes. Lamar easily runs that in for two if they had scored 

• Like 1