49ers 2024 in season news and notes

Forge

27 minutes ago, N4L said:

Schefter said today on the Mcaffee show that the niners sent the infamous "5 day letter" to BA in mid August saying that if he did not practice within 5 days, they would put him on "a list" that would have made him ineligible to play for the entire season. 

I had no idea this existed and I wonder if BA ran out the clock on that 5 days. It makes sense why they were so pissed if that is the case. 

He's talking about the reserve/left squad list. If you get placed on it, you are ineligible for the year and forfeit all remaining compensation for the year. Teams have issued the letter before but rarely act on it. The letter and 5-day period is mandatory before you can put a player on that list. Aiyuk started showing up to practices on August 14th.

Whoever is leaking to Schefter has a real axe to grind with Aiyuk. Schefter's been dumping on Aiyuk ever since the extension got done.

Edited by typecast
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, John232 said:

Bold take. Jets will see what they have in braelon, and let Breece walk after his fifth year as a result.

Breece will then go to sf with his bff Brock

I do think that the 9ers might make a play for Breece down the road. Feels very on brand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John232 said:

Bold take. Jets will see what they have in braelon, and let Breece walk after his fifth year as a result.

Breece will then go to sf with his bff Brock

Really wanted Allen.

Pretty sure Breece doesn’t have a fifth year option, so it may be sooner than you think!

9 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Apparently Brendel had a 6/100 PFF Passing Grade lol.  Dunno how much longer they can ride with this guy.  He might be cooked.  I'm guessing Feliciano will eventually take over. 

They just re-did his deal too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Apparently Brendel had a 6/100 PFF Passing Grade lol.  Dunno how much longer they can ride with this guy.  He might be cooked.  I'm guessing Feliciano will eventually take over. 

Also missed a block (albeit a tough reach on a middle linebacker) that would have led to a Mostert-style 60 yard TD at one point. We were just a little execution away from going proper NFC Title game on them.

• Like 2

I wanna play devils advocate here especially with the possibility of putting CMC on IR. If this happens or doesn’t and plays limited meaning Mason becomes the main back. Mason has already mentioned from the NYJ game he doesn’t know how CMC does it, referring to all the touches. I wonder if Purdy has to start winning us games. If that happens we will HAVE to pay him next year top dollar. I know we have already speculated we will have to, but I’m just referring to us leaning on our running game. God forbid if we start getting contained and Purdy has to win us more games than usual. We love to low ball, so that notion has to be thrown out the window immediately. 

I just have a feeling Lynch and Kyle were going to tell Purdy and his agent the offense goes thru CMC. Now, it more than likely will not. They paid him immediately when the rumors circulated and now he’s on IR (more than likely). They are clinching and praying that if it’s not CMC, it’s Mason. 

We as fans say ooh Dak just got 60, so we know he’s going to get at minimum that amount, but I know John is like what about 55 or 50. Some ppl think he’s going to take a discount…why lol