Around The League Talk 2024-25

I may be going full homer but let me for a second. Ravens defense is always one of the best in the league and will likely be one again this year. We took their DB coach who is now our DC. Looking at both rosters, why can’t our defense be as good as there’s?  Landry is better than Oweh. Their other edge rusher is Van Noy. Wouldn’t consider him an upgrade over Key and I’m not a Key fan at all.  Their front is Matubuike, Pierce, and Jones. Is Simmons, Sweat, and Joseph-Day at least not comparable if not better? At LB, Smith is probably a top 3 LB in the whole league and they have a rookie beside him. We just acquired Jones who I would consider a top 10 LB. I think Murray will play better under Wilson compared to his coaches in SD. In the secondary, Sneed is better than Humphrey and Awuzie, I’d consider better than Brandon Stephens. Now, we don’t have a Kyle Hamilton but the duo back there for us shouldn’t be bad at all. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me going full homer but I see no reason why our defense can’t be top 12 at the end of the year. Health wise aside, defense should be pretty solid with the resources they put into it.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

Lamar had almost 400 yards last night behind a bad OL on the road in KC.

I love Henry, but after all the hype, it was a bit funny to see that he opens the season averaging 3 yards per carry behind a struggling line and has to be taken off the field on basically every third down and two minute drill. 

Lamar's game last night to me was like watching a dude shoot 40 shots to get 25-30 points.

I don't care what his yardage total was last night, but to me, he wasn't a good "QB." He was a playmaker and that is fine if that is what we are going for. I'm not calling him a great QB. It's splitting hairs maybe. 

A great playmaker is still wonderful to have. But when the game is on the line and you need a QB to make that throw, I see him not make it more than he does. 

I have no empathy about his OL.  We were told how Henry and the Ravens OL would be so much better. People constantly shoot down the OL Levis played behind last year as an excuse for his numbers and inconsistent play. 

I think at one point they said Lamar was averaging like 2 yards per attempt. I started laughing because every time he dropped back for a pass, he looked for a couple beats and just ran. 

Good luck staying healthy. But he is MVP. It will forever be a "me against the world" argument because he puts up numbers. I personally feel the Ravens won't get pass the divisional round if that with him at QB. 

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Lamar had almost 400 yards last night behind a bad OL on the road in KC.

i like lamar but last night was undeniably a poor performance throwing the football. he had an ADOT of 0.8 through like 2.5 quarters before he was forced to start pushing the ball downfield, missed a ton of layups, and then airmailed two wide open game-tying TDs in a row before the last one. the thing about lamar is when his mechanics are tight he can operate as a very efficient QB- we've seen plenty of that obviously- but when they go they GO and his feet are everywhere and his release is a mess and he's spraying like a shotgun. 

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i like lamar but last night was undeniably a poor performance throwing the football. he had an ADOT of 0.8 through like 2.5 quarters before he was forced to start pushing the ball downfield, missed a ton of layups, and then airmailed two wide open game-tying TDs in a row before the last one. the thing about lamar is when his mechanics are tight he can operate as a very efficient QB- we've seen plenty of that obviously- but when they go they GO and his feet are everywhere and his release is a mess and he's spraying like a shotgun. 

Yeah, I mean, it wasn’t an impressive passing performance. There were a few bad misses and the ball was coming out quick and short. That second to last play was rough.

But they were also a literal inch away from 26 points with a chance to win the game on the 2 point conversion. At Arrowhead against a team celebrating a SB while getting dominated up front. It’s just weird that two MVPs in there’s still people not wanting to acknowledge that’s he’s a great football player. As a Bucks fan, it reminds me of the Giannis “all he does is run and dunk” criticisms from a few years back.

23 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I mean, it wasn’t an impressive passing performance. There were a few bad misses and the ball was coming out quick and short. That second to last play was rough.

But they were also a literal inch away from 26 points with a chance to win the game on the 2 point conversion. At Arrowhead against a team celebrating a SB while getting dominated up front. It’s just weird that two MVPs in there’s still people not wanting to acknowledge that’s he’s a great football player. As a Bucks fan, it reminds me of the Giannis “all he does is run and dunk” criticisms from a few years back.

well, he's more inconsistent throwing the ball than any of the other top-tier quarterbacks, so it's pretty obvious that he'd get more criticism for it. the extra dimension of his game as a runner and as a creator behind the LOS contribute enough that yes, he is a great player. but between the hot-and-cold nature of his passing performances and his wilting in the playoffs several years running it's not exactly a mystery why he's subject to more criticism.

I love him and he’s my favorite Titan of all time but last night showed why moving from King Henry was the best move for us. It’s just too predictable when he’s in. That’s always somewhat been the case but it’s worse now that he’s taken a step back.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I love him and he’s my favorite Titan of all time but last night showed why moving from King Henry was the best move for us. It’s just too predictable when he’s in. That’s always somewhat been the case but it’s worse now that he’s taken a step back.

yeah, it didn't matter when he was playing at an MVP, force of nature level and when we had a dominant run blocking OL. but it sure looks like the ravens OL has some issues and with that in mind they're likely to get more of what we got last year- a solid RB but one who has to leave the field too much and results in some very predictable run/pass looks.

43 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Yeah, he isn't washed as a RB, but you just know they aren't going to throw him the ball. It looked like watching Titans offense with a Running QB. 
Flowers was his most targeted WR and he avg like 5-6 yards per catch. 

The offense is going to need some work and time but they looked rough to me last night.  Not anything that be sustainable. If Lamar has to rush for 100 yards every game just to be close, then I don't see that as a winning formula. 

Like always, when Henry was in the game, they just stacked the box and dared them to beat them throwing the ball.