Cold Winter Nights Mafia CIVS WIN

Dome

I'm a vampire's thrall. My goal is (was) to find and kill the vampire before he finds me. Doing so would free me from him. I'm assuming that would make me a normal teen or whatever. It doesn't specify. But my win condition would change and I would be free. So I assume that's what would happen.

But claiming is pointless. Now the vampire knows who I am, so even if you guys don't lynch a known other I'm sure the vampire can kill me.

So that's neat.

6 minutes ago, Raves said:

Unless his immunity can be refreshed, getting votes off him doesn't do much good as regardless we know he's scum and will get lynched at some point.  The main case for trying again is obviously if he has an ability that will let him kill someone though being unlynchable and the ability to kill before the rest are dead is a little OP, otherwise to not kill him are that he's still immune to being lynched and that it causes people to stop paying attention to other potential scum members as it's an easy lynch day and gives the scum more chances to pick off a civ with a special without us actively seeking out another scum.

I see that it's 1 reason to vote and 2 reasons against, but no one is getting swayed by me.  Like you for example are obviously following the thread, you jumped in fairly quickly once you were brought up again, without even being tagged which would let you know to look, and popped in with some generic comment that provides no real insight as the situation laid out is obvious.  The only issue is if there are only 3 Scum, then that would put you on the outside looking in for who I think would be, as bucs as confirmed as can be as either scum or an other, while I would put the others as Math and Pats or MD4L, with LTBF being a distant 4th in the situation, mostly brought back in if bucs ends up as an other and not scum I would add you as the 3rd.

Not sure it makes much since to believe I am scum. My vote was wasted N1 when I stuck with JFin (if that was a hit...I'm still learning the game) as my vote. Doesn't make much since if I was scum to waste a vote if I could have taken out 2 Civilians by pushing for someone else. 

3 minutes ago, LetTheBallFly said:

Not sure it makes much since to believe I am scum. My vote was wasted N1 when I stuck with JFin (if that was a hit...I'm still learning the game) as my vote. Doesn't make much since if I was scum to waste a vote if I could have taken out 2 Civilians by pushing for someone else. 

So how did you find this site again?  Also you post in any others forums/threads yet or just this one?

Just now, LetTheBallFly said:

Just this one so far

Is this a mafia only account of another poster so that you can get a clean slate?  Because finding this site and specifically going to just this forum and these threads, without posting in any other sporting area is very... unlikely to say the least.

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm a vampire's thrall. My goal is (was) to find and kill the vampire before he finds me. Doing so would free me from him. I'm assuming that would make me a normal teen or whatever. It doesn't specify. But my win condition would change and I would be free. So I assume that's what would happen.

But claiming is pointless. Now the vampire knows who I am, so even if you guys don't lynch a known other I'm sure the vampire can kill me.

So that's neat.

Or you could be the vampire trying to find the thrall

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

Is this a mafia only account of another poster so that you can get a clean slate?  Because finding this site and specifically going to just this forum and these threads, without posting in any other sporting area is very... unlikely to say the least.

Haha, I am definitely not another poster

34 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

If his power is him being unlynchable, wouldn't voting for him be doing the damage we're trying to avoid? Voting him and not voting for scum we can actually kill?

I agree he's scum, and finding him this early is big - but if we continue to vote for him, we're in essence playing right into his strength. 

I say leave Bucs and let a civ special knock him out.

I guess we have fundamentally different views on how to approach the same situation.

My "default" assumption is that a player survives the first lynch. To me, that seems to be a more standard role. others, including yourself, have more fear of a "unlynchable" role.

Which is fine. I just don't think its likely enough to warrant the risk of a mislynch.

21 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

So that's neat.

And the reason you survived the lynch????

I don't necessarily buy this. But even if true, I don't see a reason not to lynch him anyways. There is no guarantee he ever becomes town-aligned, and more likely than not he is/will be a threat to town.

Wouldn't a thrall's win condition be tied to the leader (ie the vampire)?

idk man, to me I'm guessing he is more likely the vampire trying to "buy time" by bemoaning the fact that he will be killed in the night.

26 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm not mafia. I'm an other.

And I'm pretty sure this is only the second time I've ever been an other in the (literally) hundreds of games I've played. 

If this is true then we should definitely lynch Bucs. He can't be unlynchable if he doesn't have teammates.

Archived