Is it time to go to Jeff Driskel?

mar29020

Why put jayden out there to get hurt? We dont have enough talent to compete. Jayden needs to learn how to slide and make more then one read. The line is bad and will be playing catchup with this poor defense all year. Put Jeff out there to get creamed and just tank this year. At this rate, we are on the RG3 timeline again with jayden. We have a poor line, poor Wr's and a horrible defense. AND, he cannot slide (RG3 flashbacks).

Bro, are you serious? The one thing that actually went somewhat well today was Daniels. Did he play perfect? Of course not. But did he do everything in his power to keep us in the game? You damn well better believe he did. Helmet issues and all. Starting Driskel guarantees a 4 win ceiling.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BigTimeRedskins said:

Bro, are you serious? The one thing that actually went somewhat well today was Daniels. Did he play perfect? Of course not. But did he do everything in his power to keep us in the game? You damn well better believe he did. Helmet issues and all. Starting Driskel guarantees a 4 win ceiling.

all jayden did was run. He will get hurt playing like that. 

If the plan was to do a long-term rebuild than not taking Drake Maye is even more puzzling. With that said, Jayden wasn't the problem today. Benching him would be insanely stupid and would just hurt his development. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If the plan was to do a long-term rebuild than not taking Drake Maye is even more puzzling. With that said, Jayden wasn't the problem today. Benching him would be insanely stupid and would just hurt his development. 

i wanted maye. I have concerns with daniels durability 

On 9/8/2024 at 10:19 PM, mar29020 said:

i wanted maye. I have concerns with daniels durability 

Yeah, Maye played great in Sunday. 😂 As Lavar said, I was also a Maye guy mostly because I think Maye’s ceiling is Josh Allen/Justin Herbert like but look we didn't draft Maye, so that's over.

I really like Jayden a lot too and he also has a ton of potential. He's already a great playmaker as a QB which he showed off on Sunday and is an electric straight-line runner like RG3. 

Plus, I think it's fairly easy to see him developing into a top-10 passer given his skillset as a passer, his work ethic, his form, his arm strength, and his accuracy. What we saw on Sunday is very likely Jayden’s floor as a QB and if that's his floor, I don't know how you wouldn't be excited about what Jayden could possibly develop into.

On 9/8/2024 at 10:11 PM, mar29020 said:

all jayden did was run. He will get hurt playing like that. 

Oh come on, that's not true. He showed off some skills as a passer and he's showed off the ability to avoid sacks. Sacks that Sam Howell probably would’ve taken last year by the way at least last December. 

Jayden also only overshot Terry by a yard for a probable TD. If that pass is a yard shorter then Jayden is responsible for 3 of our TDs (2 rushing and 1 passing) while went 75%, for 254 yards & a TD in his first-ever NFL game while rushing for 88 yards & 2 TDs. 

We still would've lost the game bc our D played so poorly but we would've out up 27 points and Jayden would've been responsible for 21 of the 27 points.

Edited by turtle28