DE Tyree Wilson suffers knee sprain; Not considered long-term

On 9/9/2024 at 9:45 PM, bucksavage1 said:

Both Koonce and Wilson with the same injury 

I think they both got hurt in practice, tyree didnt start and only played like 2 snaps.

Fwiw he did get a pressure.

Hope hes back soon. Hes humble and he seems like a decent person. I never get too frustrated with good solidier types.

Crosby shouldnt need to play every snap, we know he will and wants to but its not sustainable.

Edited by Nodisrespect
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

I'm not even interested in talking about Tyree Wilson until he makes an actual positive play for us. 

That's fair enough. Looking dicey that we will get to see him for any length of time, at this point.

That said, I sure hope so. I'll give him some time.

When that cat grapples, the mark's hat and pads pop up high, and that pocket can become a roller rink. When he's unfettered, he collapses down on the ball lightning quick and with force. His style is nothing like Maxx's, so it's easy to look past him. Maxx is a tornado of ridiculously perfected technique and hustle, a swath of wreckage leading to the QB, and that condor length. Tyree almost seems like he's bored and nothing's happening, until he loses his assignment/contain, almost the anti-Maxx stylistically,... but ask his opponents. They're too busy readjusting their stuff.

He's got such little time, that we have no way to tell if he's learned anything to add to that bull.

Totally agree, it's all pie in the sky at this point. Needs to PLAY and a LOT, learn, grow! But so far his most influential coach is the trainer. Bad way to get better, for sure.

But I sure do hope!

Edited by LongJonSilver
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

I'm not even interested in talking about Tyree Wilson until he makes an actual positive play for us. 

Revisionist history is strong. He did some good things at the end of last season. I'm willing to give him to year 3 to make an impact. He's on a rookie deal nothing to lose.

24 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

TBF, Nnamdi Asomougha was an absolute zero his first 2 seasons.

To a lesser extent, Tim Brown didn't make an impact until year 3 too.

It’s wild how fast fans want to write players off, just so they can claim to be the first to have done so 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

TBF, Nnamdi Asomougha was an absolute zero his first 2 seasons.

To a lesser extent, Tim Brown didn't make an impact until year 3 too.

Wow are you you really going to compare Wilson rookie year to Nnamdi and Tim brown? Is that where this has taken us lol