New Sexual Assault (Rape) Allegatations Against Watson

roger murdock

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I know it’s been beat to death here and everywhere, but accusations like this don’t come out of nowhere.

“It’s a money grab” is the common response.

If that were the case and this was just a ploy for cash, I’d wonder why it hasn’t been done elsewhere or attempted on others.  Like, literally every other time a dude is accused of sexually assaulting HALF this many women it’s all but assumed they did it.  No one is defending Harvey Weinstein, Cosby, etc., like this (well, maybe that one guy who has a lot of fans…).

Are all 27 or whatever telling the truth?  No idea. But I find it absolutely impossible to believe they’re all lying and this is just the coordinated bag getting effort we’ve ever seen and this poor fella just happened to be the victim.

I too agree people can grow and mature and change, but only if they want to. You have to own your behavior, apologize and do better.  He’s done none of that besides perhaps not assaulting folks any longer, most certainly in part due to the fact all eyes are on him now.

I agree with you for the most part. Purely logical reasoning, this latest accusation is old news. Has he kept himself clean since then?  I don’t know but we haven’t heard of him doing anything since then. So he could have turned around and changed. But we just don’t know. 

Again I will say if he did this latest accusation then he needs to pay the piper. Whatever the hell a piper is. But it sure as hell should be teet for tat. 

5 hours ago, DawgX said:

He's far cheaper and more likable, but still far worse as a QB.

You'd also trade Greg Newsome for a bag of stale potato chips.

Watson was equal to kizer last Sunday. 

Newsome for a 3rd I'm down

46 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I feel like this is rather substantial for a guy who never says anything of note.

He'd only be aware of what Watson told them, and Watson doesn't think he did anything wrong. Unless they talked to his lawyer, who evidently has known for nearly a year, but I dunno if they went down that avenue.

I really wonder how this plays in the locker room.  I’m sure many don’t care and more didn’t care when they thought it was insta girls who they felt were paid for rub and tugs looking for a an extra payday, but at some point when you hear stories of p much just straight up rape, at what point does the “eff that guy” sentiment start to rise?

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I really wonder how this plays in the locker room.  I’m sure many don’t care and more didn’t care when they thought it was insta girls who they felt were paid for rub and tugs looking for a an extra payday, but at some point when you hear stories of p much just straight up rape, at what point does the “eff that guy” sentiment start to rise?

Especially the oline. Putting your body on the line for someone like this must suck.

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Especially the oline. Putting your body on the line for someone like this must suck.

I don’t mean on the field as much.  The OL isn’t putting their body on the line for HIM, they’re doing doing do because they’re being paid millions of dollars to do so.

I mean more just the day to do day.  Chopping it up in the locker room, hanging out, etc like folks do at any job.  Like at what point are guys like “bro get this guy out of my face”?

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t mean on the field as much.  The OL isn’t putting their body on the line for HIM, they’re doing doing do because they’re being paid millions of dollars to do so.

I mean more just the day to do day.  Chopping it up in the locker room, hanging out, etc like folks do at any job.  Like at what point are guys like “bro get this guy out of my face”?

And he’s got guaranteed money and they keep trotting him out there at the most important position in football, where they know if you don’t get competent play you lose games.

Think about how Amari feels in a contract year when a couple weeks ago he might have been headed to SF.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

And he’s got guaranteed money and they keep trotting him out there at the most important position in football, where they know if you don’t get competent play you lose games.

Think about how Amari feels in a contract year when a couple weeks ago he might have been headed to SF.

“lol I wouldn’t mind at all”

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Ordinarily this would sarcastically trigger a “one of us” gif, but nah. 

Stuff like this is in part why so many people hate him tbh.  If the actions weren’t enough, responses like this are simply infuriating imo. Just say “no comment” and move on.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Stuff like this is in part why so many people hate him tbh.  If the actions weren’t enough, responses like this are simply infuriating imo. Just say “no comment” and move on.

Not only is it without remorse, apology, etc, but it’s flipping it to make himself look like a victim, and it’s just flat out disgusting.

• Like 1