Week 2: non-Viking games

vike daddy

Titans quarterback Will Levis’s backhanded interception in Week One helped hand the Bears a win and Levis gave the Jets a gift in the first half on Sunday as well. With the team leading 7-0 and in field goal range, Levis could have taken a sack on a third down but opted to try to flip the ball to running back Tyjae Spears instead of going down. The ball didn’t reach Spears and the Jets recovered the ball for the first of two turnovers.

The television broadcast caught Titans head coach Brian Callahan asking Levis “what the f—k are you doing” as the quarterback left the field and Callahan didn’t hold back in his criticism of the quarterback after the 24-17 loss either.

Callahan: “I think the camera caught it pretty clear. Yeah, I was upset. It was dumb. It was the same exact thing he did last week and it cost us points in the red zone. That is what it is. He’s a grown-up. He knows better. I was really irritated that he cost us three points in a game that we really needed it.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brian-callahan-really-irritated-by-dumb-will-levis-turnover-in-loss-to-jets

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Titans quarterback Will Levis’s backhanded interception in Week One helped hand the Bears a win and Levis gave the Jets a gift in the first half on Sunday as well. With the team leading 7-0 and in field goal range, Levis could have taken a sack on a third down but opted to try to flip the ball to running back Tyjae Spears instead of going down. The ball didn’t reach Spears and the Jets recovered the ball for the first of two turnovers.

The television broadcast caught Titans head coach Brian Callahan asking Levis “what the f—k are you doing” as the quarterback left the field and Callahan didn’t hold back in his criticism of the quarterback after the 24-17 loss either.

Callahan: “I think the camera caught it pretty clear. Yeah, I was upset. It was dumb. It was the same exact thing he did last week and it cost us points in the red zone. That is what it is. He’s a grown-up. He knows better. I was really irritated that he cost us three points in a game that we really needed it.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brian-callahan-really-irritated-by-dumb-will-levis-turnover-in-loss-to-jets

Could you imagine what Flores would have said to him?  🤣

9 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

What do they do if/when they get the number one pick again this year?

Since they still have Young under contract for 2 more years beyond this, I think they have to wait.  They need to improve the talent around him even more to see if they can get anything out of him.  That could mean taking a Travis Hunter at #1, or trade down and add more picks so maybe they can bring in a Luther Burden III or adding another OT like Campbell, Banks or Emery Jones.  While the coaching hasn't been great, there is a severe lack of talent on that roster that no amount of coaching can overcome. 

Dan Morgan has a tall task to overcome the disaster that Fitterer was and Gettleman was before (Hurney was there in between the 2 and actually had some good drafts, but the new owner wrongfully fired him). 

Jets defensive end Jermaine Johnson confirmed that he tore his Achilles in Sunday’s win over the Titans.

Johnson left the game on a cart after a non-contact injury and said after the game that he thought someone stepped on the back of his leg, which is a hallmark of Achilles tears. An MRI on Monday confirmed the severity of Johnson’s injury.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jermaine-johnson-confirms-he-tore-his-achilles