2024 GDT Week #2 1-0 Steelers Visit the 0-1 Broncos

Who will be the starting QB this week?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the starting QB this week?

• Russell Wilson. If he's healthy, he's the man.
    • Justin Fields. Russ won't be ready and Justin will be the man.
    • Justin Fields. The offense is better in his hands.

Just now, 43M said:

The fact they are 0-2 while the Steelers with this offense are 2-0 is extremely comical to me.

The Steelers seem to have had at least 21 points taken away by the officiating. It’s blatant point shaving.

If it makes anyone feel any better, if you put the points left on the field into the final score by both teams, this game ends 24-10 (Pickens' TD, Pickens 51 yard catch probably leads to a TD drive, take away Nix' int and give then a TD)

My point is, while our offense needs to be better and more effective, we need to score more points, we are doing good things we just have to do then better.

Just now, August4th said:

ugly win, but I'll take 2-0. Also like I said last week...past Steeler teams won games like this all the time...it wasn't another "how did they win" type win .....now who starts QB next week?

Im sorry, but I think you have to give Russ a chance.   Fields looks destined to be a backup.   Russ may not be much better, but we arent beating any decent teams with Fields.

• Like 1

This is just a random half baked thought, but I don't think Fields is going to be Arthur Smith's choice (or should be) when he has one. 

The second halves of the first two games have been rough. Early on looks half decent, but once we get off script -- it's been bad. No flow, not a lot of Fields-positive type plays. When we get off the gameplay and into game flow, Smith's stuff doesn't seem to match well with Fields play (or vice versa, whichever way you want it). 

Just something interesting to keep watching. 

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

The fact they are 0-2 while the Steelers with this offense are 2-0 is extremely comical to me.

Our defense is scary good right now.

Last time we held teams to 10 points or under in back to back games was weeks 10 and 11 of 2020.

Just now, 43M said:

Im sorry, but I think you have to give Russ a chance.   Fields looks destined to be a backup.   Russ may not be much better, but we arent beating any decent teams with Fields.

I don’t know the answer to this. Fields looks good, but not enough points…our RB1 looks far from dynamic IMO. 

I said it before the season that the WR core is Pickens and a bunch of #4/Jag types.

The 3 biggest needs offseason is 1)figuring out QB…2) adding another WR threat…3) adding youth to the DL.