2024 WEEK 2 | vs Atlanta (MNF)

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Changed my opinion on what? That the throw was bad? Yes, throwing out of bounds and maybe seeing if someone can get open the next play would have changed my opinion. Jalen threw a ball where only the other team had a chance at catching it.

Now you're just being coy.
You already discounted his running as if it hadn't mattered.
Now, you're taking a play made in a low percentage situation and holding it conclusive of performance.
Without AJ Brown the receivers weren't getting wide open.
The Eagles needed a large chunk of yards.
You don't credit him for hitting Barkley in the hands on the game winning play, but you indict him for a pass throw under duress in a desperate situation.
You can't pretend the Eagles' receivers were getting open for chunk plays.
They needed 20 yards.
They needed to take a shot at some point.
The majority of the blame falls elsewhere.
Hurts' culpability is minimal.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

Now you're just being coy.
You already discounted his running as if it hadn't mattered.
Now, you're taking a play made in a low percentage situation and holding it conclusive of performance.
Without AJ Brown the receivers weren't getting wide open.
The Eagles needed a large chunk of yards.
You don't credit him for hitting Barkley in the hands on the game winning play, but you indict him for a pass throw under duress in a desperate situation.
You can't pretend the Eagles' receivers were getting open for chunk plays.
They needed 20 yards.
They needed to take a shot at some point.
The majority of the blame falls elsewhere.
Hurts' culpability is minimal.

I didn't discount his running.
I discounted that his good running plays means he had a good game.
The pass to Saquon that was dropped is a pass I would expect every QB not named Bryce Young to make. He was wide open, and the ball had to travel all of 8 yards. It was a good play, but it wasn't some difficult throw that only 1 out of 5 QB's can make. Every QB in the NFL should be able to complete that pass.
We needed 20 yards, but not all in 1 go.
It was a bad throw. Live to see another play. And if you are going to throw a pick, at least give your WR a chance to pull a Freddie Mitchell, rather than just throw it where only a Falcon could catch it. 
I would have been fine with the pick if he threw into a crowd where one of his own players can possibly get a PI or make an awesome catch. That throw provided neither of those possibilities.
Is that throw the sole reason we lost? No. But it was a bad throw all the same. And Jalen Hurts is getting paid a lot of money to make throws under duress in desperate situations.

Edited by Jeezla

7 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Bad throw is bad throw. Why debate it? Your FQB needs to know when and why and how. 1st and 10 on your 43 with 20+ seconds and a timeout is no time to panic. 

large portion of this fan base just can't take off the midnight green tinted glasses and see things for what they are.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Bad throw is bad throw. Why debate it? Your FQB needs to know when and why and how. 1st and 10 on your 43 with 20+ seconds and a timeout is no time to panic. 

And when there is 20 seconds left on the clock after throwing that one away.... what do you think the outcome realistically would have been on the next play. Smitty bracketed? No other WR's worth a damn on the field? Chucking it into triple coverage again praying to convert? Sounds familiar.

It's was a low percentage play in a low percentage situation. The throw could have been better. He could have waited a play to make it. Doesn't change anything. They needed a miracle and they didn't get one. I fail to see how this is some knock on the QB.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

large portion of this fan base just can't take off the midnight green tinted glasses and see things for what they are.

He continuously makes 2-3 very poor, game altering decisions, per game. Negating everything else he does well. I like Hurts, but he just ain’t it. The offense has entrusted him too much to be THAT guy. He’s not THAT guy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

He continuously makes 2-3 very poor, game altering decisions, per game. Negating everything else he does well. I like Hurts, but he just ain’t it. The offense has entrusted him too much to be THAT guy. He’s not THAT guy. 

Yep. In this case he unfortunately made the game altering decision of throwing the ball to our 12 million dollar RB who decided to just drop it.

This is ridiculous lol.

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Plenty of games to criticize hurts but this one ain’t it… he played well. Crappy last throw but tough situation. 

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

And when there is 20 seconds left on the clock after throwing that one away.... what do you think the outcome realistically would have been on the next play. Smitty bracketed? No other WR's worth a damn on the field? Chucking it into triple coverage again praying to convert? Sounds familiar.

It's was a low percentage play in a low percentage situation. The throw could have been better. He could have waited a play to make it. Doesn't change anything. They needed a miracle and they didn't get one. I fail to see how this is some knock on the QB.

Regardless, we have time. We have options. ANYTHING would have been better than what he did. McNabb a wormball and see what it looks like on 2nd down. I’ll never fault a QB for a good decision that ended badly. But it was a bad decision. He’s done it much too often to be considered a good QB at this point. We’re talking weeks on weeks now. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Regardless, we have time. We have options. ANYTHING would have been better than what he did. McNabb a wormball and see what it looks like on 2nd down. I’ll never fault a QB for a good decision that ended badly. But it was a bad decision. He’s done it much too often to be considered a good QB at this point. We’re talking weeks on weeks now. 

Your just saying it is a bad decision without acknowledging that the situation is nearly impossible to navigate. What are the realistic expectations in that situation? 

Sure the ball could have been better. He could have waited a down to throw it. That said calling it a bad decision and then drawing long term conclusions based off THAT? It is just completely ridiculous. There are so, so many other things to look at before Hurts in that game.

2 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Plenty of games to criticize hurts but this one ain’t it… he played well. Crappy last throw but tough situation. 

1st and 10 on your 43. You need 20 yards (maybe?) and you’re forcing a ball on a fresh set of downs. It’s not a tough situation unless he makes it a tough situation. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Preaching to the choir my brother. Also getting annoying watching Hurts keep the ball on the some of these options, then running for 1 yard or throwing the ball away, as a gap opens up in front of Saquon.