• The Iron Giant
    • Little Giants
    • Big Fish
    • Godzilla
    • Star Wars (The Forbes Be With You)
    • The League
    • The Sopranos

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Again, it's not. We played a Kyler Murray-less Cardinals in Week 1 and then Russell Wilson shredded us in week 2. The defense last year gave up the most explosive plays in NFL History in YEAR 4 of Ron's tenure. We had a much more cohesive unit then and they sucked significantly worse than this defense. 

Daniel Jones is awful. He might be, outside of Bryce Young, the worst starting QB in the NFL and we gave up 302 yards to his team. Baker Mayfield threw 4 TD passes and completed 80% of his passes. Look at his stats against Detroit. One guy sacked him 5 times lol. We made him look like Michael Vick crossed with Aaron Rodgers. His QBR against us week 1 was good enough for 6th in the league, week 2 he dropped to 14th.  Daniel Jones was sacked 5 times, threw two picks and had a QBR of 22 against Minnesota. He finished as the 30th ranked QB in the league in week 1, in week 2 he was 7th. Again, this defense is horrible. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Daniel Jones is awful. He might be, outside of Bryce Young, the worst starting QB in the NFL and we gave up 302 yards to his team. Baker Mayfield threw 4 TD passes and completed 80% of his passes. Look at his stats against Detroit. One guy sacked him 5 times lol. We made him look like Michael Vick crossed with Aaron Rodgers. His QBR against us week 1 was good enough for 6th in the league, week 2 he dropped to 14th.  Daniel Jones was sacked 5 times, threw two picks and had a QBR of 22 against Minnesota. He finished as the 30th ranked QB in the league in week 1, in week 2 he was 7th. Again, this defense is horrible. 

They have played horribly in their first two games of live action.

I still think you are forgetting how truly bad our defense was last year. The same defense that lost to Tyrod Taylor and Tommy Devito. The number of timed our defense allowed chunk gains and watched teams walk their way through third downs was atrocious. 

We don't have to like how the defense has looked so far, but it is better than last years. 

31 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

They have played horribly in their first two games of live action.

I still think you are forgetting how truly bad our defense was last year. The same defense that lost to Tyrod Taylor and Tommy Devito. The number of timed our defense allowed chunk gains and watched teams walk their way through third downs was atrocious. 

We don't have to like how the defense has looked so far, but it is better than last years. 

But so far it’s not lol. It might get better but so far it’s either just as bad or worse depending on how you choose to look at it. And it’s absolutely worse when you factor in we have nobody the caliber of Sweat, Fuller or Curl. This also doesn’t take into account that last years defense was being coached by a dude JDR knew from a high school. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

But so far it’s not lol. It might get better but so far it’s either just as bad or worse depending on how you choose to look at it. And it’s absolutely worse when you factor in we have nobody the caliber of Sweat, Fuller or Curl. This also doesn’t take into account that last years defense was being coached by a dude JDR knew from a high school. 

Sweat is the only one mentioned that was a difference maker last year. Curl and Fuller had relatively bad seasons. That being said, I'd take Luvu over all 3. I also think having Wagner back there is a significant boon, even at his advanced age. 

You want to call it a push for the start of last year and the start of this year, sure. I am willing to put money on this defense finishing in the top 20 defense and not dead last like the bums we fielded last year. 

This rebuild will be extremely painfull. We lack so much talent and speed. But we all knew this so no suprises. We have some pieces but the rebuild should be quicker if we can keep JD health. Just image this guy with a better OL and some speedy WR. I still have questions about Kliff Kingbury's system but I am willing to give a chance. Beginning to worry about payne and Allen but I do understand we need more speed at LB. Hopefully we can see more of Newton.  Allen and Payne are suppose to good  linemen who are stout against the run. The Gman had no issue with our pass defense and that will be the case every wk. Our team needs so much talented pieces for us to advance to the next level. We where lucky to beat the G man. 

Tress Way punted zero times today. The Commanders gained 425 yards, averaged 6.2 YPP, netted 215 yards on the ground and didn’t turn the ball over. You’ll take that every time.

Thats a start but those penalties (plagues) in the red zone are killers.  All of that hard work on a drive and you only get 3. Well atleast we did not turn the ball over. The G man are the worst team on our schedule and we are playing like this in the red zone. 

Really liked the RG yesterday. Hopelly this will be our DA going forward. This should help us shorten the game so we want get the living daylight beaten out of us LOL. 

Eagles just took the lead with under 7 minutes to play.

Let's see if Mr. Choke artist can help us here & get a W.

all the Cousin apologists?

If Cousins drives down the field for the win?

I'll never talk bad about Cousins ever again.

You have my word.

But I'm putting up a million dollars that I don't have?

That he does what I've ALWAYS said he has....

And that's choke the game away.

Let's see what he does here.

He's got plenty of time.

Edited by aceinthehouse