• Godzilla
    • Star Wars (The Forbes Be With You)
    • The League
    • The Sopranos

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

You guys should be excited!

We finally have our Kicker!

Lol

Too soon. He didn't have to kick anything near 50 yards or over but it is definitely a positive that he made the 45-yarder and those shorter FGs including the game winner.

Edited by turtle28

Also, besides when he got hurt on the sideline and the lack of deep shots. I thought Jayden Daniels was efficient tonight. Some throws that weren't the best, but 23-29 (79.3%) for 226 and no turnovers is pretty good (99.1 QBR).

If we can open up the dang offense and get better blocking, NO MORE FALSE STARTS!!!, I think Jayden can be a very successful passer in the NFL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Also, besides when he got hurt on the sideline and the lack of deep shots. I thought Jayden Daniels was efficient tonight. Some throws that weren't the best, but 23-29 (79.3%) for 226 and no turnovers is pretty good (99.1 QBR).

If we can open up the dang offense and get better blocking, NO MORE FALSE STARTS!!!, I think Jayden can be a very successful passer in the NFL.

Agreed. Good point. It's a process and short of the false starts Jayden and this offense are trending in the right direction for sure. I feel the 2nd half of the season our offense is going to be pretty good.

11 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Arm strength is a major concern for me. 

But he’s very accurate and the timing is very good. Clean, easy repeatable mechanics. And you do see signs of what they talk about with him pre-snap.

I think for Jayden to be at his best, he will need some high-end weaponry. A WR who can do what Nabers does — separate easily, chew up yards after the catch — is custom-made for Jayden. That will be my top priority for player acquisition moving forward.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

Also should be noted that we had over 200 rush yards today. Brian Robinson is the first Washington 100-yard rusher since 11/27/22.

Kliff really needs to feature "less fancy" runs and start pounding the ball in the traditional sense. I'm not saying don't run the read option. I want to see significantly less QB designed runs up the middle, however. Robinson and Ekeler rotating is going to be a homerun this year, IMO. If we can establish the LOS consistently, that will open up the play action pass and I feel we will see more deep shots. We just can't get bullied up front anymore. Cosmi didn't have a great game today. Wylie didn't have a great game today. Allegretti didn't have a great game today. We need that unit to gel and perform significantly better. We would have allowed a lot more than 5 sacks today if we didn't have Jayden Daniels at QB.

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

But he’s very accurate and the timing is very good. Clean, easy repeatable mechanics. And you do see signs of what they talk about with him pre-snap.

I think for Jayden to be at his best, he will need some high-end weaponry. A WR who can do what Nabers does — separate easily, chew up yards after the catch — is custom-made for Jayden. That will be my top priority for player acquisition moving forward.

I 100% agree with this. We don't have the playmaker at WR right now. Terry will catch almost anything you throw his way, but we need someone dynamic with the ball in their hands.

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

The throw where Ertz had to rip the ball back from the defender, it was a little alarming to me how long that ball took to get to the receiver.