• The Iron Giant
    • Little Giants
    • Big Fish
    • Godzilla
    • Star Wars (The Forbes Be With You)
    • The League
    • The Sopranos

58 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I have never in my life seen a team false start in the red zone 4 times in one game at their own stadium.

It’s sort of funny, last week someone was telling me to stop bitching about field goals because the Steelers won 18-10 with 6 FGs. How are we feeling? Enjoying 6 FGs?

That was me. No, I wasn't bitching. I'm just saying that a good defense wins more games. This game shows how much special teams really matters. If York was our kicker and Gano was healthy, this game is almost certainly a loss.

30 minutes ago, BigTimeRedskins said:

That was me. No, I wasn't bitching. I'm just saying that a good defense wins more games. This game shows how much special teams really matters. If York was our kicker and Gano was healthy, this game is almost certainly a loss.

You weren’t bitching, I was 😂

And your point is definitely taken. I think there’s an easier way to get to 21 than 7 FGs…but honestly it would have been hard for me to argue against any of the “kick the FG” decisions that they had today. Just disappointing to not even be in position to go for it on 4th down down there.

29 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I wonder if there's ever been a team to score 3 TD's in a game, but not allow any TD's & still lose?

Great question.

Back in 1989, the Rams met the Vikings in the old Metrodome. The Rams punched in two 1-yard plunges by Greg Bell, who led the league in TD runs in both 1988 and 1989, and they also added a TD pass from Jim Everett to old friend Henry Ellard. 

However, those 21 points were matched by 7 made FGs by Vikings kicker Rich Karlis, and they went to OT. The Rams went 3 and out, and they sent Dale Hatcher out to punt. Former Pro Bowl LB Mike Merriweather flew in from the defensive right side and blocked the punt, which rolled into the endzone. He tried to recover it there, but knocked it out of bounds for the first-ever walk-off safety. Amusingly, Merriweather was apparently on the brink of tears because he thought it was a touchback, until teammates told him they had won.

That’s the only one I can find.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It needs to be pointed out that if Gano doesn’t get hurt on the opening kickoff we lose this game. 

If we don't get 87 false starts in the red zone we probably score a bunch of TD instead of kicking 7 field goals.  

• Like 2

Just wanted to add...that both teams this game should have proved to any doubters, if there are any?

That having a good kicker, is as important as any position in football.

They are more often than not? The difference between winning and losing.

Had we had Cade York this game, instead Seibert?

We would be 0-2 right now.

So props to the front office for not only being proactive in getting us a Kicker, but getting our 7th rounder back as well.

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If we don't get 87 false starts in the red zone we probably score a bunch of TD instead of kicking 7 field goals.  

We’re going to look back at this game at the end of the season and wished we had lost 

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Why though? We already got a QB. Why would we want to lose now? 

Because you’d still rather have Joe Alt than Olu Fashanu or Marvin Harrison than Rome Odunze. 

We probably will “regret” this win once draft position becomes more important than winning. But I can’t regret it today. Let’s win until we’re eliminated — and then let’s lose 42-40.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Because you’d still rather have Joe Alt than Olu Fashanu or Marvin Harrison than Rome Odunze. 

We probably will “regret” this win once draft position becomes more important than winning. But I can’t regret it today. Let’s win until we’re eliminated — and then let’s lose 42-40.

I was crushed for this stance. Not sure I like it being said now. If Maye was selected, I don't think this gets said. I repeatedly beat the table for a premier LT and a trade down.

38 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We’re going to look back at this game at the end of the season and wished we had lost 

I don't doubt this. I made a mention of it too in my post that I think hindsight won't be too great on this one, but hopefully we see a much better, more disciplined team by the time we regret it.

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I was crushed for this stance. Not sure I like it being said now. If Maye was selected, I don't think this gets said. I repeatedly beat the table for a premier LT and a trade down.

I’m not sure you’re taking my point correctly on that.

I wouldn’t prefer Joe Alt or Marvin Harrison to Jayden Daniels. 

I just would prefer them to lesser players at their position. Which is why we’ll probably end up regretting early-season wins — there may be better players available at our positions of need that we won’t be able to land with a worse draft picks. That’s not exclusive to QBs.

• Like 1