• The Iron Giant
    • Little Giants
    • Big Fish
    • Godzilla
    • Star Wars (The Forbes Be With You)
    • The League
    • The Sopranos

12 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’ve criticized BSJ over his tenure here but had a nice game considering how bad our secondary has played. 

I agree. I think he's a solid #2 CB. He shouldn't be covering #1s, and needs better Safety help behind him, but he's not a bad player. 

33 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’ve criticized BSJ over his tenure here but had a nice game considering how bad our secondary has played. 

Definitely. I'm probably his biggest critic here and he was easily our best DB against the Giants. I hope when a player is having a good game, we consider putting them on the opponents best.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Help me out with this one. What adjustments? Still couldn't punch it in. Still couldn't do anything to stop Nabers (he had to drop a pass for us to get a chance).

They swapped to a Cover 2 in Q4 and took away Nabers. Before - was strictly man and he was destroying us.

2 minutes ago, Troublez said:

They swapped to a Cover 2 in Q4 and took away Nabers. Before - was strictly man and he was destroying us.

In the 4th quarter alone Nabers had catches of 8 yards, 4 yards, drawn PI, incompletion, incompletion, 25 yards, 4 yards, bad drop

4 catches for 41 yards.

I know it’s only 2 games into the season but not too upset that the Bears took CW. I know he makes crazy plays but watching him last night he was very careless with the football. I know he’s trying to make a play but he threw it to a receiver who had 3 defenders around him. I don’t like that JD runs more than I would like but seems to be more responsible in protecting the ball. 
I know it’s so early and we’ll see how the season plays out. 

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

It's not.

The Buccaneers accounted for 392 yards in week one and scored 37 points. Week one of last season the Cardinals scored 16 points, had 210 yards and their only TD was a defensive TD. Week 2 the Giants scored 18 points (3 TD) and accounted for 302 yards of total offense. In week two of last season the Bills scored 37 points but had 4 interceptions and accounted for 386 yards. So our 2023 defense through two weeks gave up 39 points and 596 yards. Our 2024 defense has given up 55 points and 694 yards. We gave up 6.9YPC to Bucky Irving and 6YPC to Devin Singletary. Its absolutely worse. 

Edited by lavar703

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The Buccaneers accounted for 392 yards in week one and scored 37 points. Week one of last season the Cardinals scored 16 points, had 210 yards and their only TD was a defensive TD. Week 2 the Giants scored 18 points (3 TD) and accounted for 302 yards of total offense. In week two of last season the Bills scored 37 points but had 4 interceptions and accounted for 386 yards. So our 2023 defense through two weeks gave up 39 points and 596 yards. Our 2024 defense has given up 55 points and 694 yards. We gave up 6.9YPC to Bucky Irving and 6YPC to Devin Singletary. Its absolutely worse. 

Again, it's not. We played a Kyler Murray-less Cardinals in Week 1 and then Russell Wilson shredded us in week 2. The defense last year gave up the most explosive plays in NFL History in YEAR 4 of Ron's tenure. We had a much more cohesive unit then and they sucked significantly worse than this defense.