Week 2 GDT: Jets @ Titans

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I agree he played a winnable game, but even take away the idiotic pitch and he still played a big part in our offense completely stalling for 4 3 and outs in the second half

Jets have a good D but we just continue to go quarters of games in which we have next to zero offensive yards. It's brutal

Played a part but I won't say big part. But it's me and what do my words mean around here lol. 

I think some of the calls still leave a lot to be desired. Then penalties putting us behind the sticks. 

But that's my view. And it's a minority view. Sounds like a Levis defender and kinda. But I'm just looking at it all holistically. 

The way some talk make it sound like he looks like Bryce Young completely lost. But I don't see that. Thought he was good enough to win but good enough isn't enough when things go wrong. We need him to be above good. 

I thought he made some gutsy plays on that last drive that could have won the game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Will be interesting if the Titans ever turn to Rudolph. He went 8-4-1 in Pittsburgh playing the exact kind of game that probably has us sitting 2-0 right now. Just don't do something stupid and let the defense cook.

The battle between starting the guy who gives you a better chance of winning vs trying to develop the guy with the far greater ceiling is gonna be interesting to see if Levis continues to struggle.

unless levis just absolutely falls off a cliff, i'd be shocked if they benched him. honestly, he looks baseline functional except for the lizard brain plays. the more likely and probably more frustrating possibility is that he just looks that way- baseline functional and nothing more- all year long, and then we have to figure out whether to move on.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Played a part but I won't say big part. But it's me and what do my words mean around here lol. 

I think some of the calls still leave a lot to be desired. Then penalties putting us behind the sticks. 

But that's my view. And it's a minority view. Sounds like a Levis defender and kinda. But I'm just looking at it all holistically. 

The way some talk make it sound like he looks like Bryce Young completely lost. But I don't see that. Thought he was good enough to win but good enough isn't enough when things go wrong. We need him to be above good. 

I thought he made some gutsy plays on that last drive that could have won the game. 

Yeah I thought for sure we'd at least go to OT after that big run. Felt like one of those game changers.

One thing I will say though, I've seen enough of Burks. He just has no impact on games it feels like. At least NWI will come up with some clutch 3rd and 6 catch once a game. I really feel like Burks is just wasting a roster spot at this point.

Just now, KingTitan said:

Levis just seemed more "in control" last year than he did this year. Regardless, I think he's largely unable to consistently process dealing w/ pass rush pressure and going thru reads. I suppose this was the case in college, as well.

Currently he "belongs" in the NFL but is much too erratic to ever really believe in or invest in. He looks like a young, inexperienced Ryan Fitzpatrick. That's no disrespect to Fitz who had an awesome career, but both look like chickens w/ heads cut off once the wheels start falling off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I know the team>>one player, but I'd be pissed if we turned to Rudolph anytime soon. There's zero future there. I'd rather let Levis burn the entire thing down before turning to Rudolph. If we're drafting a QB in April, so be it.

If Levis continues to take points off the board you have to change for the sake of the team. 

But if that happens I'm not interested in watching anymore. Rudolph is nowhere close to being the answer for this franchise. 

Even with the shakey play of the offense I'm excited to watch this team play. 

Levis will be in this team next year regardless. Unless someone trades for him. 

Cheap QB on rookie deal that can play in the league you don't throw away. If you draft one high then Levis is the back up.  

Levis will be here. What role he plays. It's up to him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

I know the team>>one player, but I'd be pissed if we turned to Rudolph anytime soon. There's zero future there. I'd rather let Levis burn the entire thing down before turning to Rudolph. If we're drafting a QB in April, so be it.

Yea. I agree. Putting in Rudolph does nothing for the future of this team, blow the wheels off with Levis and give us a real chance to get a guy in the draft. The scenario I see where Rudolph coming in tho is if Levis is so bad he puts Callahan at risk of losing his job.

1 minute ago, Kookie23 said:

Yeah I thought for sure we'd at least go to OT after that big run. Felt like one of those game changers.

One thing I will say though, I've seen enough of Burks. He just has no impact on games it feels like. At least NWI will come up with some clutch 3rd and 6 catch once a game. I really feel like Burks is just wasting a roster spot at this point.

Needed that play from Burks. It was within his hands on the deep toss. #1 picks come up with that. 

I'm a Burks believer but I believe his time is running out if he can't make those plays. 

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Levis just seemed more "in control" last year than he did this year. Regardless, I think he's largely unable to consistently process dealing w/ pass rush pressure and going thru reads. I suppose this was the case in college, as well.

Currently he "belongs" in the NFL but is much too erratic to ever really believe in or invest in. He looks like a young, inexperienced Ryan Fitzpatrick. That's no disrespect to Fitz who had an awesome career, but both look like chickens w/ heads cut off once the wheels start falling off.

This is where I'm hoping he just needs some confidence in his play and the system. That last drive I felt his confidence through the screen. 

Last year he had that. 

Hopefully that last drive was what he needed to say I can do this. 

10 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

yeah, right now he looks like a guy who will have a career as a backup/bridge starter and not much more. the confidence and flashes of brilliance from last year are few and far between. either that means he's getting acclimated to a new offense, or that means this is just what he is.

18 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yeah, right now he looks like a guy who will have a career as a backup/bridge starter and not much more. the confidence and flashes of brilliance from last year are few and far between. either that means he's getting acclimated to a new offense, or that means this is just what he is.

But last yr he was also getting acclimated to a new offense. I’m starting to think Vrabel offense suits him more because basically he was reading half a field because Levi’s sucks at reading going through his progression. Maybe a run 1sr offense filled with play action  used as a Tanniehill is what he’s good at for now, & not a Josh Allen type spread offense