Game 2 JETS VS TITANS

doumeyer

13 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Jets need to be calling up Reddick and getting him signed. 

No way. Let his sit and not get 1 dime. He came here with the idea he would play out his last year and then did a 180 on he jets. I hated this trade from day 1 just as much as I hate TE going in the first few rounds. McD will be a lot better than Reddick. Reddick is going to slide down and McD is going up. 

3 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

I just dont see how caving in to a multi year over priced contract works. We suffer long term for shoret term help that may or may not make a difference.

It's not like Hasaan is a bad player, he will make this team better by being on it. It's more about losing budget flexibility since we'll need that with Hall, Wilson, Sauce and others coming up for new contracts.

4 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

It's not like Hasaan is a bad player, he will make this team better by being on it. It's more about losing budget flexibility since we'll need that with Hall, Wilson, Sauce and others coming up for new contracts.

Exactly. Reddick has gotten 10+ sacks every year. Is giving him a 3 year deal really all that bad?  

If the Jets don't get him and sit with what they have. They are rushing UDFA rookies out there and 1st round busts. Jets made a mistake trading JFM, Clemons is not the same player. 

McKinley doesn't impress me. 

Reddick is a very good player who this defense needs. This isn't Rex Ryan running the defense who can create pressure with bums. This defense creates pressure by 4 man rushes. 

According to the stats, Will McDonald had three sacks yesterday! I only recall one, but even so, McDonald is the guy to replace Johnson (not Reddick). Look, as a franchise, we have been stepped on, laughed at, bullied, badgered and bruised. But if this guy does not want to be a Jet, then trade him for whatever you can get and move on. If we want to actually breed a winning culture, then you move on. If you want to continue to be a pathetic loser of a franchise, then cave into whatever Reddick wants and pretend everything is fine.

I am not aiming this directly at Reddick, either. This is a bigger picture situation and decision that needs to happen. We invested in Will McDonald, let's maximize that. 

Clemons is playing well, imo. He is the Myers replacement and I think he is fine. Between McKinley, Greiger, Watts, Holmes, can we get enough situational pass-rushing? Hopefully. And if not, then we can find someone else out there. Just don't cave at this point.

We have to stop being professional sports doormats.

Jets OL rating out really well.

Joe Tippmann rated as the #2 center. John Simpson has been a major upgrade over Tomlinson at LG. Tyron Smith rated as the #3 LT in football. AVT rated really well in pass pro.

THat to go along with 2 stud RBs with Hall and Allen. Once Mike Williams gets going, this offense has some weapons to work with. 

3 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Jets OL rating out really well.

Joe Tippmann rated as the #2 center. John Simpson has been a major upgrade over Tomlinson at LG. Tyron Smith rated as the #3 LT in football. AVT rated really well in pass pro.

THat to go along with 2 stud RBs with Hall and Allen. Once Mike Williams gets going, this offense has some weapons to work with. 

I'm not sure how this o-line can be rating well right now. Maybe in pure pass protection, but they can't open any sort of running lane at all. 

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

I'm not sure how this o-line can be rating well right now. Maybe in pure pass protection, but they can't open any sort of running lane at all. 

They started opening up lanes as the game was moving on. They opened a good lane for the game winning 20 yard TD run. It'll get better as they gel together, the OL is one of the better units in the league if they can stay healthy.

John Simpson has noticeably been an upgrade over Tomlinson. 

Tippmann is the best center we have had since Mangold. The way he can move is impressive. He is going to have a really good NFL career. 

On 9/16/2024 at 6:33 PM, NYJets4716 said:

They started opening up lanes as the game was moving on. They opened a good lane for the game winning 20 yard TD run. It'll get better as they gel together, the OL is one of the better units in the league if they can stay healthy.

John Simpson has noticeably been an upgrade over Tomlinson. 

Tippmann is the best center we have had since Mangold. The way he can move is impressive. He is going to have a really good NFL career. 

Hopefully, but man has it been tough watching Hall just run right into the back of his Oline because they lost at the point of attack. I mean, after 30 carries so far this year he is averaging 3.9 ypc, and that's with a 26 yard carry pulling up the avg considerably.(Down to 3.1 without it)

If Saleh/Hackett don't get the offense going earlier in games we're gonna be in trouble. Titans win that game if Levis doesn't make a couple dumb decisions. This run run pass stuff is awful and the defense is clearly a step slower, less explosive than last year/year before. It's early but still with the expectations are Super Bowl and we aren't close yet.