Monday Night Football: Atlanta Falcons (0-1) @ Philadelphia Eagles (1-0)

Football_Bachelor08

Monday Night Football: Atlanta Falcons (0-1) @ Philadelphia Eagles (1-0)  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Falcons
    • Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2024 at 12:15 AM

Clearly this is not the Cousins we've seen before: injury, new coach, players, etc all contribute. That said, I was quite pleased we didn't resign him mainly because we couldn't afford him. Now, I'm Extremely pleased we didn't sign him! I mean, I liked the dude & all but ... **first sentence** .. I would've been so ticked. LoL

Just now, Towerbridge said:

It's the weirdos who think it's some holy grail when it isnt

It’s better as another data point to use, you dont need to follow it like it’s a rule. Gotta have a feel for the game, as a coach I don’t think you should relinquish that power to math nerds. 

They should turn to Penix for a spark and massage Kirk’s ego by telling him it’s just to get him some more time to heal and get in sync with everybody. No sense in pussyfooting through things because he got the bag. Penix will no doubt be more of a risk but without risk there is no reward. Field goals ain’t getting the job done in this league……  unless you’re Pittsburgh and playing the Falcons. 

Just now, K9 said:

Clearly this is not the Cousins we've seen before: injury, new coach, players, etc all contribute. That said, I was quite pleased we didn't resign him mainly because we couldn't afford him. Now, I'm Extremely pleased we didn't sign him! I mean, I liked the dude & all but ... **first sentence** .. I would've been so ticked. LoL

This is why I wasn’t mad at the Falcons for drafting Penix. Hedge your bets man 

• Like 1

Two key factors are key:  time on the clock and field position.

With 6 seconds left you take the field goal.

"Now or never."

With more than 6 minutes left you go for the touchdown because the field position makes you more likely to score a field goal than the team you're surrendering the ball to within their 10 yard line.

"Heads you win, tails you break even."

Math = common sense = Analytics