Ravens vs. Raiders Week 2 thread

Use this thread to talk about how the Ravens have blown 10 4th quarter 7+ point leads in the last 5 years (most in the NFL).

I will personally say I'm just about done with Todd Monken. If you can't make an offesne with this supporting cast look even NFL average, GTFO. I'm tired of this stuff with our passing game, every pass attempt shoudn't look like the hardest thing this offense has ever done. Every catch our WR's or TE's are making are basically diving spectacular catches. There's no easy/rhythm throws that generate YAC or get us easy yards.

We should've kept MacDonald's man.....oh well at least we got John Hardballs. 

Either we right the ship this year or the ravens need to have a serious discussion about harbaugh's successor. (We let him walk out the ****ing door) 

Well that was embarrassing.

Seems like its been a perfect storm:

- The 3 unproven offensive lineman are struggling, and the tragic loss of Joe D may cause this to be a season-long problem. In any situation where we are running the ball and the defense is playing rush defense, the defense will defeat us because we just don't have the players up front. We need to run a fancy run game with motion, pulling, and misdirection, we don't have the players to do it or the coaches to coach it.

- Orr is too green, losing both Mike Mac and Anthony Weaver really hurts. I maybe overestimated Harbaugh in thinking he could help the D maintain its excellence, he really is at the mercy of his coordinators. We've seen our secondary get torched to end a game early in the season under MacDonald, so I think this is more situational failure than systemic problem. Still bullish on the defense overall. 

EDIT:
I'll add that I think this is 2 games in a row now where the refs have made some obvious errors that have disproportionately hurt us. I know I'm biased, but just calling it like I see it.

Edited by AngusMcFife

Yea, got to just win a game.

I'm taking that as the bright side of this start. Things are getting simpler. No more nonsense about about whether we are impressive enough or what's going to happen in the playoffs. No more arbitrary benchmarks and hypotheticals. Only thing that matters is the next win or loss.

@Cowboys, Bills, @Bengals for the next 3. If we go 2-1, I'd think we'll be in solid shape. 1-2 and the season is on critical. 0-3 and we're flat out dead.

39 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Also any time Harbaugh breaks out his confused, pouty facial expression in the first quarter, you know it might be a dumb loss like this.

And this was off a mini-bye!

You don't understand how angry that confused face makes me. Like, bruh!

This Falaalee experiment gotta be over today. Now. Put Cleveland in there and we sink or swim. 

No one should be surprised by what's happening with the Ravens this year. Had a literal super team last year and they still blew it. No way anyone should have expected them to be good after losing like 30 free agents and replaced them with duck tape. I'm grateful for the Harbaugh era, but it came to an end last year after that AFC Championship loss. EDC should've blown it up all and promoted McDonald while helping him with is staff like they did Billick in the beginning. Even with all of that said, the Ravens will still always have a shot long as LJ8 is on the field.

Where is Mark Andrews? Does he still play?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

This Falaalee experiment gotta be over today. Now. Put Cleveland in there and we sink or swim. 

No one should be surprised by what's happening with the Ravens this year. Had a literal super team last year and they still blew it. No way anyone should have expected them to be good after losing like 30 free agents and replaced them with duck tape. I'm grateful for the Harbaugh era, but it came to an end last year after that AFC Championship loss. EDC should've blown it up all and promoted McDonald while helping him with is staff like they did Billick in the beginning. Even with all of that said, the Ravens will still always have a shot long as LJ8 is on the field.

He was primarily blocking and trying to catch horrible passes from Lamar today. Outside of Zay, he was our only productive pass catcher.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

- Orr is too green, losing both Mike Mac and Anthony Weaver really hurts. I maybe overestimated Harbaugh in thinking he could help the D maintain its excellence, he really is at the mercy of his coordinators. We've seen our secondary get torched to end a game early in the season under MacDonald, so I think this is more situational failure than systemic problem. Still bullish on the defense overall. 

I don't really fault them for today. The referees literally gave Oakland 4 points when the defense held them on 3rd and long in FG range near the end.

Additionally, they were gifted another 3 points from Lamar's INT, and another 3 points from a shanked punt.

So 50% of the scoring drives this game were the result of either the referees gifting them points, or the offense putting the defense in impossible situations. The other 3 scoring drives were 1 touchdown and 2 FG's, which I would think is pretty solid.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

6 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Seriously, like who did Ben Cleveland murder that he's consistently in Harbaugh's doghouse?! 

And I get the Ravens as an organization have a way they do things and veterans typically tend to get first preference. However today should have ended the RT discussion as Rosengarten was clearly better then Mekari, yet still sat on the bench come the second half.

Im usually one of the biggest Harbaugh advocates around, but it's these repeated stubborn, asinine personnel decisions that make me question if he's still thr right guy for the job after over a decade here... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Pretty inexcusable tbh

All of us knew after watching the preseason that Faalele ain't it. Cleveland has played well in games in the past.

Stubborn coaches doghouse decisions have cost us potentially 2 games already

The whole preseason I thought Harbaugh was doing some 4-D chess by playing Faalele at RG, then once the regular season began he would switch Cleveland in there to surprise the Chiefs.

But no, Voorhies at LG and Faaelel at RG was actually the plan the whole time. I gave Harbaugh WAY too much credit.

Will this season be like 2013, where the staff evaluated Gino Gradkowski as a starting caliber C, and it was just a bad eval that sunk the offense the entire season?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

The whole preseason I thought Harbaugh was doing some 4-D chess by playing Faalele at RG, then once the regular season began he would switch Cleveland in there to surprise the Chiefs.

But no, Voorhies at LG and Faaelel at RG was actually the plan the whole time. I gave Harbaugh WAY too much credit.

Will this season be like 2013, where the staff evaluated Gino Gradkowski as a starting caliber C, and it was just a bad eval that sunk the offense the entire season?

YARN | Now, that's a name I've not heard in a long time. | Star Wars:  Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) | Video gifs by quotes | 76a46102 | 紗