5 up, 5 down

LETSGOBROWNIES

Up

1. We won.

2. The DL.  Jefferson, Wright, and Myles all with big sacks 

3. JOK.  Continues to look like one of the best LBers in the league.

4. Special teams.  Nice kick from DHop, GREAT punt by Bojo.

5. Jeudy.  Nice job making a few plays today.  This is what we need from him all year.

Down

1. Amari.  Idk if he’s just in his head or this is the beginning of the end or what, but he has another terrible game today.

2. Watson.  Yeah, yeah, he improved from last week but he still wasn’t good.  34 passing attempts and no scores is not ideal.  That pass attempt on 3rd down late in the 4th was arguably one of the dumbest decisions I’ve ever seen.  Take the sack you dummy.

3. penalties.  13?  I think.  Absolutely unacceptable, particularly the jumping offsides and the issues with the OL.  

4. Not finishing drives.  Field goals and punts don’t win many games.  This offense is far too expensive and talented to struggle to put points in the board like they have.

5. second half game plan.  I really liked what we did early, but not so much in the second half..  felt a bit pass happy but maybe that was due to playing behind the sticks (again) and apparently an inability to run block without holding or getting lined up properly 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Up

1. We won.

5. Jeudy.  Nice job making a few plays today.  This is what we need from him all year.

Down

1. Amari.  Idk if he’s just in his head or this is the beginning of the end or what, but he has another terrible game today.

2. Watson.  Yeah, yeah, he improved from last week but he still wasn’t good.  34 passing attempts and no scores is not ideal.  That pass attempt on 3rd down late in the 4th was arguably one of the dumbest decisions I’ve ever seen.  Take the sack you dummy.

3. penalties.  13?  I think.  Absolutely unacceptable, particularly the jumping offsides and the issues with the OL.  

4. Not finishing drives.  Field goals and punts don’t win many games.  This offense is far too expensive and talented to struggle to put points in the board like they have.

5. second half game plan.  I really liked what we did early, but not so much in the second half..  felt a bit pass happy but maybe that was due to playing behind the sticks (again) and apparently an inability to run block without holding or getting lined up properly 

Agree with most of this, except Watson being on the down. Like I've said, I think he played a solid game but wasn't helped by the OL, receivers outside of Jeudy were lousy, and the penalties. Hard to score many points when one of those things are happening, let alone all three. The only play where he really almost screwed us was when he should have went down on third down when nothing was open. He was basically a good game manager today.

Another up I'd add is Ward. Their #1, Kirk, was completely invisible today.

But yeah, Coop needs to get his head out of his ***. Hope he's not declining and just having a bad couple of games. We need him to improve and for our OL to get healthier.

Just now, DawgX said:

Agree with most of this, except Watson being on the down. Like I've said, I think he played a solid game but wasn't helped by the OL, receivers outside of Jeudy were lousy, and the penalties. Hard to score many points when one of those things are happening, let alone all three. The only play where he really almost screwed us was when he should have went down on third down when nothing was open. He was basically a good game manager today.

agree with all of this, but being a game manager is only really “good” when you compare his play to last week.  He was DTR vs the Steelers.

Just now, DawgX said:

Solid point, he played well.

Just now, DawgX said:

But yeah, Coop needs to get his head out of his ***. Hope he's not declining and just having a bad couple of games. We need him to improve and for our OL to get healthier.

The drop when he was wide open is a killer.  Gotta make that play.  He also hasn’t seemed to come down with one contested slant all season and that’s always been something he’s done well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

1. Defense different dudes doing things. Myles 2 strip sacks kn the year. Wright looked good. 

2. *waves broadly* the offense. 

Oline meh, more flags than a pride pirade, Moore, even Greg Little thinks he has bad hands. 

... Surprised you didn't mention Newsome for giving up that big pass...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, #32 said:

Stefanski called a solid first half and made NO adjustments the second half.  He has been outcoached in both games.

Okay, boomer. Except we won and part of that was because of his great coaching in the first half.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Up

1. We won.

Down

Nice write up. Well done

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

I think he was distributing the ball great in the first half. Them the rain started and things got slow. Then in the 4th he had a great drive until the penalties started.  

If Watson can keep improving on this play than I think he will have some good games. Just needs to keep throwing to open receivers. 

• Like 1