Week 3: VIKINGS (2-0) vs. Texans (2-0)

swede700

I'll be honest I don't know much about the Vikings except that y'all got Greenard and Cashman, both standouts for us last year. I expect the defense to give us fits, especially if we get stagnant in the run game like last night. 'm not sold on Darnold but we do have a tendency to let ho hum QBs look like world beaters against us. I can see Fairbairn winning this for us in a close one but it's a toss up really.

The offense has been a mixed bag, but I attribute that mostly to rust from not playing in the preseason. Our starting C missing was significant in Week 2 as we weren't able to run between the tackles like in Week 1. He's nursing a hammy, and I'm sure will be out again. Mixon is set to get a MRI soon on his ankle, and could be out. I think Slowik opens it up and lets CJ Stroud sling it this week. 

The defense is scary good, and that's missing 2 key contributors who are due back in a couple weeks. Good luck handling the SWARM

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jaytrajik said:

I'll be honest I don't know much about the Vikings except that y'all got Greenard and Cashman, both standouts for us last year.

if you go into the last page or two in our forum thread here about Flores' defense, you'll see good quotes from Cashman, Greenard, and also Van Winkle. all of them gelled very, very quickly to their new team.

heck, even Brock Purdy found Flores on the sideline after the SF game and congratulated him on his scheming.

• Like 1

Head coach Kevin O’Connell gave an update on Jefferson’s condition during his Monday press conference and the word continues to be good about Jefferson’s chances of playing against the Texans in Week Three.

O’Connell:  “Justin did come in today feeling pretty good, which was a positive based upon the initial quad contusion that kinda happened on that run play. We’ll be day-to-day with Justin. We’ll keep you guys posted throughout the week on his workload and what it looks like for Sunday, but pretty positive in the early returns there.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/kevin-oconnell-justin-jefferson-came-in-feeling-pretty-good-monday

2 hours ago, Jaytrajik said:

I can see Fairbairn winning this for us in a close one but it's a toss up really.

Man, is that guy a weapon or what? What a performance against the Bears.

If you're unfamiliar Vikings fans get extreme anxiety when we kick. Reichard has been solid for us thus far though.

• Like 4