Bears at Colts 9/22 Noon Game On CBS

I like the Bears odds FAR more this week. I think (hope?) they put a premium on protecting Williams after the OL put forward such an embarrassing performance. Richardson is a physical freak but his buckshot accuracy kills a lot of their drives. I'd have Edmunds in spy over half his snaps.

Bears 24-17

39 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I like the Bears odds FAR more this week. I think (hope?) they put a premium on protecting Williams after the OL put forward such an embarrassing performance. Richardson is a physical freak but his buckshot accuracy kills a lot of their drives. I'd have Edmunds in spy over half his snaps.

Bears 24-17

Sounds like Deforest Buckner likely wont play so thats a big help.  

For me this is the start of a run of games where as a team we just need to win to get some confidence...the Colts are probably the most difficult as they have some difference makers but after that a banged up Rams team then a barren Panthers team are 3 very winnable games before London...you take that trip at 4-1...hopefully win over here and head into the bye at 5-1 and I think we all would have taken that in a heartbeat...

With Caleb again I just want to see progression...if the OL can finally step up against the first team of the season to not have a truly elite pass rusher like Simmons or Hunter/Anderson...we get Allen back and are able to put a bit of a running game out there then we should see him playing better...defensively I have no concern as Flus has them playing really well early in the season and his half time adjustments have been excellent so far...

I think we could hold the Colts offence to under 16 points...no idea what we can put up offensively until this OL plays better & Waldron becomes less predictable...also need to see our better players on the field more.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

I'll be attending this game, with my wife's family who are all colts fans.  Here's hoping they turn it around this week.  Colts look pretty terrible this year too so at least the defense should play well. 

I was actually deeply considering going 

11 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

If this moron doesn't commit to the run AND the players don't execute, woof. Indy couldn't stop St. Rita at the moment. Hoping for a W but I'm not optimistic. Colts are 0-2 and at home & will be desperate

If the bears don’t win, they will surely lose 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

I was actually deeply considering going 

It was pricey, I almost wish we hadn't bought tickets, but I'm hopeful its a good turnaround game.  Low pressure, as its not prime-time, not a debut performance, and the Colts are way worse than anyone here (in Indy, not FF) anticipated.  Especially if their best defensive lineman is out, I expect this to be a good confidence building game for Caleb and the offensive line.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

It was pricey, I almost wish we hadn't bought tickets, but I'm hopeful its a good turnaround game.  Low pressure, as its not prime-time, not a debut performance, and the Colts are way worse than anyone here (in Indy, not FF) anticipated.  Especially if their best defensive lineman is out, I expect this to be a good confidence building game for Caleb and the offensive line.  

I ******* hope so lol. 

and yeah I was thinking about taking my kids down for it but not for $750 (pre tax and whatever ticket fee). I for whatever reason was thinking I could find ~$120 per ticket 

I think we need to get back to mindset we had with early Mitch and Justin.  Which is proper mindset for a rookie QB.  

We just want to see improvement week to week.  That happened already from week 1 to 2.  Despite heavy pressure in both games.  Which skews everything. Great QBs look bad with heavy pressure. 

For some reason people were expecting 2nd year Mahomes in KC.  Yes we had DJ and Keenan.  But Keenan hasn’t been healthy and may have lost a step since his last year injury anyway.  DJ is fighting through some things too. 

Expectations for our offense have obviously been over inflated.  Even with that had Oline played just NFL average I think we look 100% better.   We are worst in league on Oline at moment.  (Guessing from eye test).

I think that can improve.  A little continuity can go a long way to fixing that.   A lot of pressures and sacks aren’t guys getting beat (though that is happening too), just a complete lack of passing off stunts properly.  That can be fixed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think we need to get back to mindset we had with early Mitch and Justin.  Which is proper mindset for a rookie QB.  

We just want to see improvement week to week.  That happened already from week 1 to 2.  Despite heavy pressure in both games.  Which skews everything. Great QBs look bad with heavy pressure. 

For some reason people were expecting 2nd year Mahomes in KC.  Yes we had DJ and Keenan.  But Keenan hasn’t been healthy and may have lost a step since his last year injury anyway.  DJ is fighting through some things too. 

Expectations for our offense have obviously been over inflated.  Even with that had Oline played just NFL average I think we look 100% better.   We are worst in league on Oline at moment.  (Guessing from eye test).

I think that can improve.  A little continuity can go a long way to fixing that.   A lot of pressures and sacks aren’t guys getting beat (though that is happening too), just a complete lack of passing off stunts properly.  That can be fixed.

I think the expectations will always be too high initially, but with how poor Williams' statline looked week1 people had flashbacks of Tru and Fields' first starts, throw in the protection issues and its natural to be concerned. 

That being said it is unlikely the OL doesn't gel and improve. Individually they are at least and average talent level group, but they're severely lacking in communication, scheme knowledge, or something on the mental side ATM. I think a showing of competency from them will mean significant progress from Williams, but he has to get back to making the open throws. Theres way too much talent to be this bad for long. 

I'm grading them in quarters of the season. 

26 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I ******* hope so lol. 

and yeah I was thinking about taking my kids down for it but not for $750 (pre tax and whatever ticket fee). I for whatever reason was thinking I could find ~$120 per ticket 

We paid like 165 a ticket if memory serves correctly