• Gabagool
    • Mike
    • Horny
    • Defense attorneys
    • Simple yes or no questions
    • Browns
    • Sir Lawrence of the Meadowlands

8 hours ago, DawgX said:

I'm not sure what I said is a compliment, to be honest.

Plus, if bruce was still around you couldn't compete no matter how hard you tried.

My response was tongue in cheek. You see me as negative and that’s fine, but considering how bad this team is and how many alleged holes are all over this roster on offense, I legitimately don’t understand how any/all of you can continue to be fine with Berry’s roster construction.

You blame Jimmy for the Watson trade and I’ll meet you halfway and say that I could absolutely see him being the man behind the curtain there despite a lack of concrete evidence to the contrary, but that doesn’t make the Wills over Wirfs and JJ pick any better, it doesn’t make the Bell, Ika, or Schwartz picks any better, it doesn’t make the Jeudy and Moore trades good, or the Conklin extension a good one.

The OL looks subpar, Watson is horrific, the receivers are all terrible aside from Cooper who is fine, and the RB are all garbage without Chubb, who is hurt and who he didn’t draft anyway.

But hey, at least he got us Emerson who got cooked all day yesterday and showed why he’s a good starter but isn’t a pro bowl guy, JOK who is a legitimate stud, and Delpit who so far played great in a contract year and that’s about it.

9 hours ago, brownie man said:

I didn't get to watch much of the game, but what I did see what horrible. 

idk the answers

We might need to make a Oline coach change mid season

that's probably the best realistic impactful move we could make at this point

Gotta get Chubb and Njocku back soon

Changing the OL coach doesn’t fix a QB who’s staring at a blitz.  

Teams have started bringing the heat consistently because Watson isn’t getting rid of the ball.  If he doesn’t identify where the pressure is coming from and make the adjustments necessary to give himself an outlet AND make that read/play, this is what we’re gonna look like all year.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Changing the OL coach doesn’t fix a QB who’s staring at a blitz.  

Teams have started bringing the heat consistently because Watson isn’t getting rid of the ball.  If he doesn’t identify where the pressure is coming from and make the adjustments necessary to give himself an outlet AND make that read/play, this is what we’re gonna look like all year.  

Flacco was sacked 8 times last year with a worse OL and spread scheme compared to 17 for Watson in less games with a better OL.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Flacco was sacked 8 times last year with a worse OL and spread scheme compared to 17 for Watson in less games with a better OL.

Sacks are at a minimum like 50% on the QB, especially when you’re being blitzed.  You have to be decisive and get rid of the ball and Watson is simply not at the moment. He looked absolutely dumbfounded by the blitz.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2024 at 5:06 AM, NateDawg said:

My advice for you and anyone else in this forum reading right now is to not plan your Sundays around watching this team this year. If you have no plans, great, enjoy a game, but they aren’t worth planning your Sunday over. Spoiler, they aren’t going anywhere this season. 

The games are at 2 am Monday morning for me so the only other plans I have are sleep ....which is sounding better week by week...

• Like 3

Wife roped me into attending a Sunday afternoon wedding this coming week. I kick and scream about fall Saturday weddings, but am OK earning some cachet Browns vs Raiders this week. I plan to tune into all the comments throughout though and provide an analysis that night of the game I’m not going to see.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Wife roped me into attending a Sunday afternoon wedding this coming week. I kick and scream about fall Saturday weddings, but am OK earning some cachet Browns vs Raiders this week. I plan to tune into all the comments throughout though and provide an analysis that night of the game I’m not going to see.

Excellent

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

@pscottdai you are not a truly committed Browns fan until you fly all the way over here for a game to boo them. 

I used to do that when I would visit my mom and sister in Alliance :) been quite some time though since the last trip though. Work eating up all my time. 

Edited by pscottdai
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pscottdai said:

I used to do that when I would visit my mom and sister in Alliance :) been quite some time though since the last trip though. Work eating up all my time. 

traveling across the globe to visit family in alliance sounds like arguably the least fun use of airline tickets or money imaginable lol 

• Like 1

So who exactly played on that OL for the Browns against the Giants?

8 sacks and 17 QB hits?  That is insane!

Giants against the Cowboys last night only had 1 QB sack and 3 QB hits, and the Giants even with an improved/changed OL with some different guys, still gave up the 2nd most sacks in NFL history in 2023 with 85.

Right now all of these guys are listed as questionable and Teller is on IR and so is Wypler and Adeniji.

Wills
Bitonio
Conklin
Hudson
Cohen
D. Jones

So then the lineup is this if all those guys are out?  Cannot image that was the lineup against the Giants but clearly have Ifedi at OT sucks and based on the pressure allowed week one with Hudson and Jones at OT they were not great either.

?
N. Harris
Pocic
Zinter
Ifedi

OL is so important, and funny how even Patrick Mahomes gets so much attention and praise, but without that interior 3 OL, no way he has the success he has had!  Thuney, Humphrey and Smith, rock solid and super important even if those OTs on KC are some times questionable.  Glad Humphrey got paid at least, he was getting paid dirt for how good he was and he is so key to it all.  

Edited by Ozzy

43 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

So who exactly played on that OL for the Browns against the Giants?

8 sacks and 17 QB hits?  That is insane!

Giants against the Cowboys last night only had 1 QB sack and 3 QB hits, and the Giants even with an improved/changed OL with some different guys, still gave up the 2nd most sacks in NFL history in 2023 with 85.

Right now all of these guys are listed as questionable and Teller is on IR and so is Wypler and Adeniji.

Wills
Bitonio
Conklin
Hudson
Cohen
D. Jones

So then the lineup is this if all those guys are out?  Cannot image that was the lineup against the Giants but clearly have Ifedi at OT sucks and based on the pressure allowed week one with Hudson and Jones at OT they were not great either.

?
N. Harris
Pocic
Zinter
Ifedi

OL is so important, and funny how even Patrick Mahomes gets so much attention and praise, but without that interior 3 OL, no way he has the success he has had!  Thuney, Humphrey and Smith, rock solid and super important even if those OTs on KC are some times questionable.  Glad Humphrey got paid at least, he was getting paid dirt for how good he was and he is so key to it all.  

The OL has struggled here and there, sure, but most of this is on Watson imo.  He’s just staring at the blitz and holding the ball.

He's gotta be more decisive and make adjustments at the LOS if the play doesn’t give him a quick out.

He’s also going to have to make teams pay for blitzing occasionally both with getting the ball out but also by hitting on some deep shots, which he’s not doing either.

Right now he’s holding the ball, seemingly just big play hunting, and trying to escape pressure but he’s honestly not looking terribly quick or elusive an because of that just taking sacks and hits and fumbling the ball.