Brock Bowers

Tank4Drake

16 hours ago, Xmad said:

He's had a couple of good games ya'll chilllllllllllll.

Remember when Kyle Pitts was the next coming of Tony Gonzalez?

Or when the Lions drafted a TE high in the 1st and it totally worked out?

What will almost inevitably happen is this:

1. Bowers will ultimately have a good rookie year. He may not break any records or have an All-Time type of year, but it will be good. 

2. The Raiders will upgrade the QB position. 

3. By year 3 or 4, Bowers won't be on an "obvious" HOF pace, because our new QB will be spreading the ball around to our other already pretty solid weapons. 

4. Because Bowers isn't averaging 1300 yards/13 tds per year on some break neck pace and didn't go on from a very good rookie campaign to absolutely redefining the TE position, some Raoders fans will turn on him and swear he's a bust. 

It's what Raider fans do. Every time we get a guy, we overinflate what he actually does. Then, when he does actually perform well but not in some legendary manner, we undervalue him and let him walk in FA. 

As long as Bowers is our top weapon by a country mile after Adams retires, he has the opportunity to stay in.good graces. But if Tucker and Meyers and anyone else also break through and Bowers is just a very strong cog in a wheel, the rejection will absolutely begin, because Raider nation has a very flimsy relationship with context. Bowers could be doing very well "considering" things like QB play, WR play, the run game, the play design- but Raider nation loves being black and white. He's either breaking records or he's a replaceable scrub. 

It's why we never really have nice things. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

I thought it was bad in real time. Mark Davis and Jerry Jones love retread coaches that are washed. 

I always thought he was overrated but I love chaos in thr NFL, so I liked the hire.

On 9/21/2024 at 2:21 PM, Tank4Drake said:

A lot of sharp guys have broken down that our scheme is designed around Adams. Bowers is almost never the first read.

Agreed.  Davante Adams is the default first read and, if there is time, Jakobi Meyers is the second.  Bowers is doing fine as the second or third.  The Raiders are first in TE targets after 3 games with 29, of which Bowers has gotten 21, tied for individual first with Arizona's Trey McBride.

He should not be putting up the stats he is currently putting up in this scheme, but he is just so good, that he draws targets anyways. 

On a team that features him as the #1 guy, oh baby. 

Not necessarily.  Without Adams, Bowers might draw double teams, causing Brock's targets and catches to plummet.  Having acquired him in the ninth round of a 12 team standard scoring league and having taken Kyle Pitts in his rookie year, I am concerned about the lack of end zone targets.  Sixth in pass attempts, DFL in runs, the Raiders are certainly a passing offense but not, as yet, a great overall offense (20th in yards gained, tied for 16th in scoring).  Maybe there will be TDs in Brock's future, though;  the team is tied for 5th in end zone efficiency.

36 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Agreed.  Davante Adams is the default first read and, if there is time, Jakobi Meyers is the second.  Bowers is doing fine as the second or third.  The Raiders are first in TE targets after 3 games with 29, of which Bowers has gotten 21, tied for individual first with Arizona's Trey McBride.

Not necessarily.  Without Adams, Bowers might draw double teams, causing Brock's targets and catches to plummet.  Having acquired him in the ninth round of a 12 team standard scoring league and having taken Kyle Pitts in his rookie year, I am concerned about the lack of end zone targets.  Sixth in pass attempts, DFL in runs, the Raiders are certainly a passing offense but not, as yet, a great overall offense (20th in yards gained, tied for 16th in scoring).  Maybe there will be TDs in Brock's future, though;  the team is tied for 5th in end zone efficiency.

Tf you playing in standard for? This isn’t 2009 buddy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

It is for the CroMagnons in this particular league!  LOL!

Tell the boomers to upgrade. I haven’t done Standard since like 2008. I even think Half PPR has become outdated. I think 0.75 PPR will start becoming more popular over the years and is the best balance imo. Full PPR if you want high scoring fun games, and making WR’s powerful. 

Half PPR still makes RB too strong. 

• Like 1