The good, the bad, the we lost to the panthers

NickButera

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

So..... going to try to blame Telesco and make AP the victim because you bought into the rah rah and cheese with him?

You can see AP has no business coaching a professional team. Look at the decisions he's making out there. 

Yup this is how non-stop excuses start.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Some talk about how the Raiders punted on the season not drafting a QB. Reality is, they punted hiring Pierce. 

I'm actually glad they didn't draft a QB. Could you imagine a rookie QB under this staff? 

You’re not extending Antonio Pierce the same grace and period to prove himself as Josh McDaniels? I think he deserves at least a full season to see what he’s going to bring, if he’s going to evolve at all and especially as he’s a very young HC if he’s going to improve. Very few coaches are the finished product straight away. If anything, Pierce is probably more likely to improve and evolve than McDaniels was and I know we were both in agreement that we needed to give McDaniels some time to at least see what the plan was.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

*All speculation *

Taking a step back, we just lost two players for season ending injuries that were on the last years of their deals. Not doubt that’s weighing on players

I’m starting to see that AP/Telesco were not on the same page for roster construction. 

AP/Kelly probably resign Jacobs and don’t sign Minshew/ Starts AOC. Telesco opted for Minshew and declared him the starter

Telesco has not extended any players on defense. Spillane and Hobbs should be extended

Telesco was also very conservative in FA after adding Wilkins and Minshew. Only other FA signing was Mattison who has been good

Not sure what Telesco is doing but there’s obvious disagreement in roster construction 

Getsey may get fired by the bye-week

However, we are still only 1-2

Not only is AP tanking this franchise he is also on the verge of tanking the Vegas cigar economy as well. 

18 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

You’re not extending Antonio Pierce the same grace and period to prove himself as Josh McDaniels? I think he deserves at least a full season to see what he’s going to bring, if he’s going to evolve at all and especially as he’s a very young HC if he’s going to improve. Very few coaches are the finished product straight away. If anything, Pierce is probably more likely to improve and evolve than McDaniels was and I know we were both in agreement that we needed to give McDaniels some time to at least see what the plan was.

Depends what AP shows. If he shows total incompetence like he's not ready for the big stage, you don't waste another year.

33 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

At the end of of this season AP will have had more time to prove himself then McDaniels got.

3 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

He was pulled to evaluate for concussion right before half, clear helmet to helmet but got PI for 6 yards instead of 15 yard penalty and Carlson then missed the kick.

he was on the field to start second half, so he was cleared… but maybe because of blow out they took it easy with him ?

Even before the hit it’s was Meyer most of the time iirc

50 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I saw enough last year, which is why I didn't want to see him hired. Kicking FGs down 3 scores against the Chiefs. Conservative play calling and poor clock management. Team was hot and cold. It's all carried over. 

I didn't trust him to hire the right people on offense, he some how managed to exceed my fears. 

He can have the year, but unless there is massive improvement, do you trust this guy with your future QB? Do you trust him to assemble a better offensive staff? 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

So..... going to try to blame Telesco and make AP the victim because you bought into the rah rah and cheese with him?

You can see AP has no business coaching a professional team. Look at the decisions he's making out there. 

Must of mentioned the speculation part

Give McDaniels and Ziegler time to figure things out with their vision

AP goes 1-2 and he’s not qualified all of the sudden

Right. Something tells me you and NY would still be defending JMD if he was the coach today 

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

*All speculation *

Taking a step back, we just lost two players for season ending injuries that were on the last years of their deals. Not doubt that’s weighing on players

I’m starting to see that AP/Telesco were not on the same page for roster construction. 

AP/Kelly probably resign Jacobs and don’t sign Minshew/ Starts AOC. Telesco opted for Minshew and declared him the starter

Telesco has not extended any players on defense. Spillane and Hobbs should be extended

Telesco was also very conservative in FA after adding Wilkins and Minshew. Only other FA signing was Mattison who has been good

Not sure what Telesco is doing but there’s obvious disagreement in roster construction 

Getsey may get fired by the bye-week

However, we are still only 1-2

How I see it is

a) we don’t have a juggernaut of a offense so struggling to score isn’t a surprise 

b) Andy went crazy cause we had no pass rush imo with a healthy maxx it’s a different game

c) like it or not but the team feeds off maxx and we go as he goes and he barely got pass the los and when he did he look slow af with that astronaut boot on

d) too many injuries to overcome esp koonce and Diablo like it or not they were 2 starters on defense 

e) the loss was vs a nfc team not a afc wildcard playoff hopeful 

f) gard is seeing ghost similar to all our last starting qbs doesn’t help when your blindside is soft af. aoc is a statue so I don’t know if he’ll look better but he’s taller 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

How I see it is

a) we don’t have a juggernaut of a offense so struggling to score isn’t a surprise 

b) Andy went crazy cause we had no pass rush imo with a healthy maxx it’s a different game

c) like it or not but the team feeds off maxx and we go as he goes and he barely got pass the los and when he did he look slow af with that astronaut boot on

d) too many injuries to overcome esp koonce and Diablo like it or not they were 2 starters on defense 

e) the loss was vs a nfc team not a afc wildcard playoff hopeful 

f) gard is seeing ghost similar to all our last starting qbs doesn’t help when your blindside is soft af. aoc is a statue so I don’t know if he’ll look better but he’s taller 

All Facts

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Just like jmdz they both deserve blame. Telesco had many chances to draft a qb or get one in fa. You gush over telesco for getting bowers neglecting our oline now we can’t even throw him the ball cause our oline sucks. Just like jmd and ziegs tied at the hip so is telesco and ap. Now we get to play The Who had final say game on personnel decisions. Like you say rinse wash repeat