McCarthy and Zimmer Watch 2.0

textaz03

Here we go again. Time to fire up the McCarthy Watch thread!! 

Let’s add in Mike “The Village Idiot” Zimmer too!! His defense has got to be dang near statistically at the bottom of the league in several categories!! 

Notice how the offense moved and had success when Dak had to make the checks at the line instead of huddle up with whatever McCarthy and Schottenheimer were calling in? 
And Baltimore was *not* playing prevent by any means.

Nothing is going to change until people stop going to the games. Stop buying the merchandise. Stop buying into the "brand". 

Until Jerry feels the hurt in his bank account, literally nothing will improve. 

It doesn't matter who the head coach is. It doesn't matter who is calling plays. It doesn't matter who the QB is. 

So long as Jerry Jones and quite honestly, Stephen Jones is involved with the day-to-day operations of this football club, the Cowboys will be what they are and have been since that last Super Bowl win in '95.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, D82 said:

Nothing is going to change until people stop going to the games. Stop buying the merchandise. Stop buying into the "brand". 

Until Jerry feels the hurt in his bank account, literally nothing will improve. 

It doesn't matter who the head coach is. It doesn't matter who is calling plays. It doesn't matter who the QB is. 

So long as Jerry Jones and quite honestly, Stephen Jones is involved with the day-to-day operations of this football club, the Cowboys will be what they are and have been since that last Super Bowl win in '95.

I’ve been saying this for 20 years. The only thing that matters to the Jones family is making money and staying relevant. Winning is not the priority and hasn’t been for decades. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aaron Glenn for HC!

I can't see Mike getting canned mid season. Mainly because the only real candidate I could see on the staff worth a grain of salt as HC is Zimmer and I don't like that idea one bit. Promoting a position coach is kind of surrendering the season and I can't see Jerry ready to call it in this early.

Promoting Schottenheimer is a possibility I guess, since there were a couple times in his career that he was actually a HC candidate. I don't like it though. But I guess if Jerry is ready to see what he has for down the road it would make sense. He might make a better HC than he does an OC...but it's unlikely.

McCarthy getting canned period is just unlikely. Especially anywhere before December. If it happens, I'd think it would be near seasons end with the idea that we need to know if someone like Al Harris is ready for a huge leap or if John Fassel can translate his leadership and creativity into the role, or something like that ... Not impossible but yeah I just don't see it..

Zimmer on the other hand. He will keep getting a pass with all the injuries. But come late November and December I could see a change being made of the offense is turning it around but the Defense. Even with returning stars. Has just not turned it around. Then a change would need to be made to try and save the season. 

But I still don't see any of it happening