McCarthy and Zimmer Watch 2.0

textaz03

On 9/22/2024 at 8:37 PM, Rtnldave said:

Poor execution.

Dak sucks.

Parsons blows.

Trade everyone except Aubrey.

Draft well.

Hire a new HC. Someone young, bright, in touch with today's ***** version of football.

Im done with this focking team!

Lol

I’d really like to see Al Harris moved up to DC and see what he can do. Personally I just don’t see this Defense responding to Zimmer at all. Seems like they are just going through the motions and that’s it. 

After that, 2 things need to happen. Mazi and Zeke both need benched and call up Dalvin Cook or Malik Davis. Run game needs a massive shot in the arm. And Mazi is a massive bust at this point now. 

8 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Probably not ideal six weeks into the season that the basics aren’t in order. I’m just sayin’

Feels like a strong sign that the team isn’t in the coaching staffs corner.

At long last coach Dullard speaks the truth!

8 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Probably not ideal six weeks into the season that the basics aren’t in order. I’m just sayin’

Feels like a strong sign that the team isn’t in the coaching staffs corner.

No team in any season will ever be in the coaching staff’s corner because the players know that the coach doesn’t have any power. Jerry will never hold them accountable and will give them lucrative contract extensions regardless, so they have no reason to listen to the coaches. Jerry is the real coach, and he set the culture to ensure that everyone knows it.

On 10/14/2024 at 2:59 PM, textaz03 said:

I’d really like to see Al Harris moved up to DC and see what he can do. Personally I just don’t see this Defense responding to Zimmer at all. Seems like they are just going through the motions and that’s it. 

After that, 2 things need to happen. Mazi and Zeke both need benched and call up Dalvin Cook or Malik Davis. Run game needs a massive shot in the arm. And Mazi is a massive bust at this point now. 

I'm all for moving Harris up. My only concern is if he isn't ready to lead the entire defensive unit, or even if he is, how him stepping away from the secondary alone will effect the defensive backfield ...

Whoever they move into his role if he takes the show at DC may not be capable of getting the kind of play out of thise guys as he has. And I'm not sure it's worth doing that if he isn't ready to run the entire D. If we knew he was, then it would be worth the risk. But not knowing and then also losing his impact as a position coach is a mighty big gamble

Also I think Zimmer will get a pass due to injuries. Which kind of sucks. They injuries are a factor. But doesn't account for him forcing the unit to play to their weaknesses instead of their strengths.

3 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I'm all for moving Harris up. My only concern is if he isn't ready to lead the entire defensive unit, or even if he is, how him stepping away from the secondary alone will effect the defensive backfield ...

Whoever they move into his role if he takes the show at DC may not be capable of getting the kind of play out of thise guys as he has. And I'm not sure it's worth doing that if he isn't ready to run the entire D. If we knew he was, then it would be worth the risk. But not knowing and then also losing his impact as a position coach is a mighty big gamble

Also I think Zimmer will get a pass due to injuries. Which kind of sucks. They injuries are a factor. But doesn't account for him forcing the unit to play to their weaknesses instead of their strengths.

https://amp.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article286866600.html

“Al has been such an impactful member of our coaching staff and team. I’m looking forward to his leadership in this expanded role,” McCarthy said in a statement. “He’s a highly effective mentor and motivator, and our entire team will benefit from him taking this elevated step. Al’s dedication, teamwork, understanding of the game and experience in developing the unique dynamics necessary to support a championship locker room are all part of his special fit for this.”

If MM trusts him enough to bump him up to AHC, which puts him into the Offensive side of things too, I’m sure he can handle the DC spot himself and his DB’s

On 10/14/2024 at 2:59 PM, textaz03 said:

Well, let's give Mazi a little credit. There was 2 games this season that he really impressed me being all over the field with his size. And he showed the promise that made the team draft him over much better options at other positions. Including positions of need 

That said, 2 games in 2 seasons is not going to do it here. He needs to really ramp it up next training camp or find a new team, or a new career path 

As for the running game. A big part of it really is the blocking. Ever notice how Dowdle has tons of space to work with when the passing game is working, and none when it isn't? The run blocking has been very spotty all season, and if the passing game isn't going to free up a blocker to hit that second level. The run game isn't going to work. The run blocking isnt good enough to create space against 7 and 8 men in the box. Against 6 they've done OK. But they see 6 too rarely to make it count.

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

That’s a massive ringing endorsement lol ouch!! 

yet the incompetent GM has yet to make a change to fix this!  

This front office let the best defensive coach we’ve had in a decade walk right out the door to a division rival. We were a top 5 defense last year, instead of giving him the keys, they kept a lame duck head coach in McCarthy. 

This front office and their decision making is as bad as the Jets and the Browns. 

Edited by Tony7188