Week 4 GDT: Eagles(2-1) @ Buccaneers(2-1) - What will it be this week?

AZ_Eaglesfan

Eagles vs Buccaneers Odds, Wild Card Spread, Total | NFL Playoffs article feature image

Onto Tampa Bay... the team that crushed us in the playoffs last season. Eagles comeback in a win vs the Saints was big for saving the season, but our offense refused to put up points. Contrasting that with the Falcons game where our defense couldn't do anything and all it can do is leave you confused.... but what else is new!?

The Bucs come off a home loss to the Bo Nix Broncos... and they got legitimately beat down. This is after they traveled to Detroit and beat a good Lions team... parity seems to be the name of the game in the NFL so far this season.

The Bucs have dealt with some serious injuries so far this year.... but the Eagles also are very far from healthy at this point. Will AJ finally come back this week? How are Lane and Smitty doing? Those will be key story lines leading up to this game.

So how do we see this one playing out? And which Eagles unit is going MIA this weekend?

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

• AZ_Eaglesfan changed the title to Week 4 GDT: Eagles(2-1) @ Buccaneers(2-1) - What will it be this week?
12 minutes ago, Last Stand said:
49 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Priority #1 this week is to stop QB1 from turning the ball over.

Priority 1, 2 and 3

Certainly priority #1, but priority #2 is feed Saquon. Priority #3 is make Baker uncomfortable. The 5 man front worked great against NO, but I think we might be better off with more 4 man fronts and disguised blitzes vs TB. Didn't watch any of TB vs DEN, so not sure what Denver was using to make life miserable for Mayfield.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

Would love to see Jalen Carter have a repeat performance.
As good as he was yesterday at getting pressure, the best takeaway is that he played a lot of snaps, but didn't wear down in the 2nd half.
His biggest detriment, aside from being too emotional, was his conditioning. Conditioning was not an issue at all vs NO.
Granted, the Saints OL is not the Falcons OL, but very encouraging seeing Carter ball out for a full 4 quarters.

If I'm Hurts I have the Buccaneers circled in my calendar each year. 

This is the team that beat him in 2021 in the regular season

Had their coach telling their defense "he can't read!" on the sidelines on his first playoff start.

Embarrass him again in the playoffs earlier this year.

Honestly I hope he brings it. 

Goedert is probably gonna have to come up big against the Bucs, cause with how violent that hit was on DeVonta I don't know if he's gonna be back for Sunday and with the bye week looming next week who knows if they want to rush AJ Brown back from a hamstring (tricky injury) too soon. 

Hopefully we aren't without both of them though. It would be really nice to be able to go into the bye 3-1 with the Browns and Giants on the docket after that.

🔔Saquon coming through!🔔
 Barkley in his first 3 games as an Eagle:
—132 total yards, 3 TD, W
—116 total yards, 0 TD, L
—156 total yards, 2 TD, W
215 Bird Gang 
#philadelphia #Eagles #monday #NFL

That's Terrell Owens's type **** from 2004! 🥃

Edited by Nabbs4u

7 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

After what they did to us in the playoffs last year, we better show up this week. Jalen needs to be better and the defense need to have a good game plan for those WRs. 

Should be an easy gameplan.  Feed Saquan, stop the run and make Tampa one-dimensional.  Easy peasy.