2024 GDT Week #3 Steelers 3-0 Visit the Colts 1-2

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think flags getting auto reviewed is a good idea. It shouldn't be a coach's decision. 

And I wouldn’t even call it reviewed. More “sky judge” who looks from above/instantly and calls in within 10-15 seconds to say “pick it up, not Unsportsmanlike”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

No one is saying this was all on Herbig, but open your eyes man. He was a liability in the run game. Offenses run at Watt typically, as you mentioned, but Watt also blows up a lot of those plays. It should be VERY telling that they chose to run at Herbig instead in this game. Watt is still in there and instead of choosing to try to put him on his heels a bit, they ran at Herbig because they knew they would have success.

No one is saying that Herbig isn't VERY promising, but the assertion that he should already be the starter when Highsmith is healthy is very shortsighted. Herbig MAY have the edge currently pass rushing, but it is very apparent that Highsmith is much better in run defense.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree as to the view being short sided though. I was looking longer term in my initial prediction, and then things went a certain way and I was really excited for him and this defense. The ceiling is high, and any run weaknesses are correctable IMO. He's 6'2" 240, pretty stout despite his leaner appearance. I am much more concerned about Patrick Queen at this juncture. Maybe he will be what he was next to Roquan Smith, next year and when Wilson is no longer a rookie. Maybe he needs to compliment an elite player to look elite. Wasn't that the caveat emptor on him this offseason?

30 minutes ago, rlon said:

Fair enough. Agree to disagree as to the view being short sided though. I was looking longer term in my initial prediction, and then things went a certain way and I was really excited for him and this defense. The ceiling is high, and any run weaknesses are correctable IMO. He's 6'2" 240, pretty stout despite his leaner appearance. I am much more concerned about Patrick Queen at this juncture. Maybe he will be what he was next to Roquan Smith, next year and when Wilson is no longer a rookie. Maybe he needs to compliment an elite player to look elite. Wasn't that the caveat emptor on him this offseason?

Again, no one is saying Herbig isn't very promising, but CURRENTLY we are a better team with Highsmith as the starter and Herbig used as a rotational guy. This is obviously correctable, but he needs some development there.

1 hour ago, skywlker32 said:

Again, no one is saying Herbig isn't very promising, but CURRENTLY we are a better team with Highsmith as the starter and Herbig used as a rotational guy. This is obviously correctable, but he needs some development there.

perhaps Highsmith is a bit better overall, but they need 3 quality players in case of injury as we have learned.

I doubt the team can recover from the OL injuries, 25' season is looking lost right now. IF everyone gets healthy and replacements are good, then the team might make the playoffs. Right now it looks more like a team with too many injuries.

How to invalidate everything you have ever said in one tweet; the 33rd team story  

“ohh, so you wanna trade that 30 year old expensive receiver that doesn’t want to play for you? Well, what if we give you a 23 year old, ubber talented premier position player on a rookie deal AND a 3rd?” 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

How to invalidate everything you have ever said in one tweet; the 33rd team story  

“ohh, so you wanna trade that 30 year old expensive receiver that doesn’t want to play for you? Well, what if we give you a 23 year old, ubber talented premier position player on a rookie deal AND a 3rd?” 

Haha....Both of those trades put Adams value at, at least, a mid first round.     I wouldn't trade Pickens for Adams and a 3rd, much less trade Pickens and a 3rd.

Their trade proposals have always been trash. Right now for Adams they say:

Was - 2025 3rd, 2026 2nd

Pit - Pickens, 2025 3rd

NYJ - 2025 2nd, 2025 3rd, Reddick but get a 4th back

They seemed to have deleted the posts on this but I remember doing the Aiyuk saga they proposed Pickens and a 1st for Aiyuk and a 4th. 

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Yup, just posted this in the other thread about trading for a WR.

Side note, Jayden Daniels.. 👀

And Anthony Richardson. Lol

On Jayden Daniels though - it is a bit 2020 Big Ben numbers. His average depth of target is 5.6 yards which puts him at 30th and his Time to Throw is 1.9 seconds which is the quickest. Kingsbury is doing a good job of protecting Daniels in his growth by making it an easy quick read and take off if it’s not there. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Not only is that terrible value, it doesn't make sense for the Steelers at all. The problem is a thin WR and it wouldn't do anything to help that.