Week 4 GDT - Denver at New York Jets

AnAngryAmerican

7 hours ago, Broncofan said:

All the top D’s have at least 1 if not 2 interior disrupters right now.    We still lack depth but it’s encouraging to see us win at the point of attack with the D.   This is the sustainable path to success.  

I was one of many skeptics with the VJ hire (no way we could keep Evero though given his friendship with Hackett).    But aside from VJ’s growth as a DC him bring tight with Zach Allen might be the biggest boon we got from that signing.  No doubt it played a part in that signing.   

I rail against 3rd contracts in FA unless a team is one player away.   But the ascending-player 2nd contract is one area you can hit gold.    He clearly learned a lot playing with JJ Watt in ARI.    

I’d give the nod to Chris Jones as top of the pile but given age / career level there’s no better IDL to have a team right now.  

The Ds are able to adapt faster than the Os. Getting pressure in the QBs face and playing 2 high destroys things.

The NFL will change rules in someway, just watch, because they want the marketable QBs throwing 45+ TDs and help sell the game internationally where most folks are stuck watching 1-0 soccer matches.

Omg I feel dense for just realizing this, but there were actually some pretty awesome streaks we broke despite this truly ugly game. It was 7 games ago since we scored a TD in the 3rd going back to last year. Sean FINALLY ended his poor 2nd half streak of not adjusting. Obviously that includes Bo throwing his first ever TD on a mesh route where Courtland went around the back which is also one of our only scores in the redzone while throwing which has plagued us forever now. 

As others have mentioned, it was also nice to see Bo continue to throw some deep balls, despite that first half (shows resiliency), that should have resulted in long gains if our guys could just catch the ball. Maybe this is a case of winning being the ultimate cure-all but the more I look at this game, the more I actually see some dynamics we can really build on.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Legitimate question, you can block on this site?

25 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

You can put people on ignore which means that you can't see their posts unless someone quotes them.

Can you all make sure to quote me a bunch in the near future. I want UK to be able to read what I am saying 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Is there any other coach that has completely redeemed himself going from dumpster fire head coach to top coordinator? I can't think of one and tbh I don't think Vance was the problem with us it was more gm front office. Heck I wouldn't mind having the guy being the head coach again.

No! That's the"Peter Principle". Let him do what he's doing. HC is a totally different skillset. VJ the DC is becoming quite the eye opener.

• Like 2