Maggie Smith has passed at the age of 89

beekay414

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

1969 Oscar winner 

I called her career stellar beforehand, but I couldn't have named either movie she won an award for if you put a gun to my head and I just read the names 30 seconds ago.  Professor McGonigal and Violet Crawley will be remembered 100 years from now.

• Like 1

I remember the first movie I saw her in was Hook way back in the early 90s, and they made her older in the film than she was, which I wasn't really aware of.   Then every time I saw her in something over the years, she looked younger or the same age, and that went on for about 20 or so years. 

It kinda freaked me out, because I thought she was like 70 or so in Hook, and then I kept seeing her in things where she looked the same age or younger for so long and I was like "how does lady still look the same...she has to be pushing 100"  xD

I dont have much love for celebrities these days, but I will show her some.   She was always fantastic in everything Ive ever seen her in, and I always remember that first time I saw her.

RIP.  :(