BDL 2024 Week 4: Cuba Smugglers @ Akureyri Huldufolk

TedLavie

BDL 2024 Week 4: Cuba Smugglers @ Akureyri Huldufolk  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cuba Smugglers
    • Akureyri Huldufolk

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2024 at 04:01 AM

Thought a lot about this match-up and I think honestly that Cuba has a solid plan and a slight personnel edge that sees them through this week. I considered abstaining due to some owners voting against MD4L for an hour late submission. In the end I decided it was better to vote how I think the matchup would go.

I think "unwritten rules" don't really work. If it becomes official that late submissions don't get posted then I am cool with that. But, if there is a gameplan and it shows no signs of being manipulated with data learned than I am gonna evaluate and vote on it. Only fair to the writer. As I said, totally fine if the league decides in the future to just not accept late submissions though (just don't think the onus should be on the individual owners to be the bad guys).

Edited by InjuredReserve
Grammar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, InjuredReserve said:

Thought a lot about this match-up and I think honestly that Cuba has a solid plan and a slight personnel edge that sees them through this week. I considered abstaining due to some owners voting against MD4L for an hour late submission. In the end I decided it was better to vote how I think the matchup would go.

I think "unwritten rules" don't really work. If it becomes official that late submissions don't get posted then I am cool with that. But, if there is a gameplan and it shows no signs of being manipulated with data learned than I am gonna evaluate and vote on it. Only fair to the writer. As I said, totally fine if the league decides in the future to just not accept late submissions though (just don't think the onus should be on the individual owners to be the bad guys).

It's a catch 22 of trying to balance deadlines versus people having lives and things coming up.  I assigned myself the role of deadline vote punishment guy years ago to at least somewhat factor in the deadline and have held firm on it allowing the rest of the league to view the matchup how they will

• Like 2

So I didn't penalize Cuba here. I think an hour late happens, he got already 4 votes against as a result, that's fine. I almost want to reward Frogs for going on a bender.

But I'm going Akureyri anyway. I just feel that roster. First of, love Sexy Dexy: Cuba interior is stout and the shuffling of position before facing Dex makes me worried a bit and I also like Granderson/Jarrett. I do believe JJ has a big game but simply put, not sure I trust Rodgers here.

On the other hand I think the battle of the trenches is pretty balanced as well despite Cuba focusing one more player on it in Van Ginkel. And with an 5 rushers (not always I know) and Pickens doubled, that leaves a lot of opportunities for big plays. Unless Simmons is in cover 2 high and then we have Pat F basically getting free underneath looks. Either way, I just think Akureyri plan is sounder and I kinda like their roster better right now.

Akureyri 30 - Cuba 17