Chiefs WR Rashee Rice feared to have torn ACL

Forge

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm assuming one can't come back this season even with a partial ACL tear...? Or am I mistaken.

A partial tear is sprain.

Someone can return, but an injury such as that is going to severely hinder his lateral agility and explosiveness, his two primary strengths. 

The swelling tells me there's some meniscus damage as well. (Not that I'm a doctor or anything...)

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

A partial tear is sprain.

Someone can return, but an injury such as that is going to severely hinder his lateral agility and explosiveness, his two primary strengths. 

The swelling tells me there's some meniscus damage as well. (Not that I'm a doctor or anything...)

Playing on a partially torn ACL is just waiting for it to go, is it not? The advice given to me twenty years ago was to continue to play rec hockey on it and prepare for eventual full reconstruction or give up all strenuous lateral activity, live with it as is with no surgery required. 

On 9/30/2024 at 1:13 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I could legit see this injury ending his NFL career, or at the very least that's the last we'll see of him for 3+ years.

You'd have to think if this is an ACL he's due to come back maybe next October, which around when his trial date is set to begin.

The NFL is still yet to suspend him, and let's say at minimum they suspend him 4-6 games. That's basically all of next year UNLESS he comes back in December/January, and by then he'll have already been found guilty of the charges brought against him, which will most certainly end up with jail time.

So, the earliest we could see him back on an NFL field would be 2026, and most likely not with the Chiefs.

You're going to be even more wrong on this prediction than you were the Harrison Butker prediction.