Tank4Drake's MVP Watch Thread

Tank4Drake

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar going up against a current MVP favorite?

We've seen this story before.

He’s 5th in Vegas MVP odds… Lamar is 2nd. 

I don’t really care who wins MVP. Just happy to have a QB I would probably only replace with 2-3 other guys without even taking salary into account. 

9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

He’s 5th in Vegas MVP odds… Lamar is 2nd. 

I don’t really care who wins MVP. Just happy to have a QB I would probably only replace with 2-3 other guys without even taking salary into account. 

Odds are different than current time. Odds are projecting the future.

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

You just proved my point. And the reason 52 came from the Top 2 seeds is because the best player was on the Top 2 seeds.

I didn't prove your point, I did the exact opposite for you to say that goes to show your lack of understanding. You’re completely missing the shift that’s happened over the last decade. The MVP award has evolved, and it’s now almost impossible to win unless you’re on a top 2 seed. In the last 11 years, every single MVP has come from a top 2 seed. The last 7 MVPs? All from the 1st seed in their conference. This isn’t just a trend; it’s a transformation of the award itself.

It’s not enough to just be the best player on any playoff team anymore. The MVP has become a measure of individual brilliance combined with team dominance. If you’re not the top quarterback on a top 2 seed, you’re not winning. Period. Ignoring that reality just shows how little you actually understand about the current state of the MVP award. You’re arguing from a fantasy land, not the real world.

1 minute ago, PatsBradyGoat said:

I didn't prove your point, I did the exact opposite for you to say that goes to show your lack of understanding. You’re completely missing the shift that’s happened over the last decade. The MVP award has evolved, and it’s now almost impossible to win unless you’re on a top 2 seed. In the last 11 years, every single MVP has come from a top 2 seed. The last 7 MVPs? All from the 1st seed in their conference. This isn’t just a trend; it’s a transformation of the award itself.

It’s not enough to just be the best player on any playoff team anymore. The MVP has become a measure of individual brilliance combined with team dominance. If you’re not the top quarterback on a top 2 seed, you’re not winning. Period. Ignoring that reality just shows how little you actually understand about the current state of the MVP award. You’re arguing from a fantasy land, not the real world.

No. I’ve accurately predicted MVP every year. Lamar was the best player according to MVP standards last year. Even if he was the third seed, no way anyone wins the award over him. The last 10 years being a Top 2 seed is because ALL the winners were ON a Top 2 seed, if you actually go back and look. This is coincidence. Yes, for a decade straight. Odds are the best player is going to be on a Top 2 seed 90-95% of the time anyways. 

One thing is certain...

If Washington goes into Baltimore Sunday & puts up a 40+ burger on Baltimore & wins?

And Jayden has a game, like he had vs Florida last yr?

They might have Brian Kelly come out on to the field after the game & hand him the MVP Trophy early. 🏆

😂 Just kidding....

18 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Here's the highlights of that Florida game, in case you never got to see it.

It's truly crazy...

I was having a good morning, then see this. Watching it live once was punishment enough.

Hope you stub your pinky toe 4 times today. 

Edit - between fasting and not yet having made my coffee this morning, I may have overreacted. Just 2 stubbings will suffice. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Goff in the conversation? 

1,000% 

Goff was one of my favorite picks for MVP this season, especially with their schedule. 9/12 of their games down the stretch will be played in a dome and there's a decent chance he puts up 4,500 yards/30 TD for the best team in the NFC.

I think the 5 most likely MVP candidates right now (no order): Lamar Jackson | Jayden Daniels | Jared Goff | Sam Darnold | Baker Mayfield

• Like 2