Raiders WR Davante Adams requests trade

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I will say that I don't love trade request + list of teams combos lol. That's definitely something that can crater values for teams, but since the Raiders don't have to trade him, that may cancel that out. 

They spent the whole offseason adamant they wouldn’t trade him. And nothing has really changed in terms of on the field performance to speed up a need to cash in on him now - 2-2 is probably about where most sensible people thought they would be at this point. It’s definitely not a “we suck, blow it all up” type of potential trade scenario.

So yeah, I can’t imagine there is going to be a rush to get rid of him, unless the rumors are true that he’s had a falling out with Pierce.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I will say that I don't love trade request + list of teams combos lol. That's definitely something that can crater values for teams, but since the Raiders don't have to trade him, that may cancel that out. 

I don't know how anyone can look this situation and say that Adams can remain in LV. Do we think LV all of a sudden guarantees money to DA to keep him? Would any amount of money rectify the situation? 

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I don't know how anyone can look this situation and say that Adams can remain in LV. Do we think LV all of a sudden guarantees money to DA to keep him? Would any amount of money rectify the situation? 

ultimately, it's on the team to decide whether or not they care. Some don't. Then Adams potentially starts risking money.

28 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

unless the rumors are true that he’s had a falling out with Pierce.

Pierce liking a tweet about Adams' getting traded doesn't look good, that's for sure. Is Adams the "business decision" thing Pierce was talking about last week?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/news/antonio-pierce-likes-social-media-post-davante-adams-traded/07d458392da7fc87402aa2fb

(Coaches probably shouldn't be on instagram)

1 minute ago, nagahide13 said:

Pierce liking a tweet about Adams' getting traded doesn't look good, that's for sure. Is Adams the "business decision" thing Pierce was talking about last week?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/news/antonio-pierce-likes-social-media-post-davante-adams-traded/07d458392da7fc87402aa2fb

Unlikely. We benched Jack Jones for the first quarter after he refused to tackle against the Panthers.

• Like 1

Fully agreed on the bracketed part. It’s incredibly childish and amateur for the HC to be doing stuff like that on social media.

Sounds like “business decisions” referred to Jack Jones who was benched for the 1st Quarter on Sunday. I guess it could have also been about Adams.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Unlikely. We benched Jack Jones for the first quarter after he refused to tackle against the Panthers.

That was definitely what I though was the case earlier. I saw some of the footage of him just straight up giving up. Maybe he was talking about several players though? He did use plurals.

4 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

No way. They should all be required to have IG and they should all be required to be active. This is about my entertainment, damnit. 

John Lynch liking a tweet about leaving Jimmy g off the team bus following a loss where Jimmy was bad was really funny

• Like 2

That was definitely what I though was the case earlier. I saw some of the footage of him just straight up giving up. Maybe he was talking about several players though? He did use plurals.

It might have been Michael Mayer who also might be on his way out.

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

No way. They should all be required to have IG and they should all be required to be active. This is about my entertainment, damnit. 

John Lynch liking a tweet about leaving Jimmy g off the team bus following a loss where Jimmy was bad was really funny

Vince is that you? 

vince mcmahon wrestling GIF by WWE

• Like 1