Raiders WR Davante Adams requests trade

RaidersAreOne

Call Minny and trade Adams for JJ McCarthy and they can pay Darnold. Raiders get QBOTF who has to watch til next season anyways. Offer that to Falcons for Penix too. We should have packaged Adams in a trade to move up in the draft. Give me a 1st in 26 or 27...Tae needs to go because this is not a good situation.

Raiders are CURSED since trading Mack. 

6 minutes ago, G said:

Call Minny and trade Adams for JJ McCarthy and they can pay Darnold. Raiders get QBOTF who has to watch til next season anyways. Offer that to Falcons for Penix too. We should have packaged Adams in a trade to move up in the draft. Give me a 1st in 26 or 27...Tae needs to go because this is not a good situation.

Raiders are CURSED since trading Mack. 

Neither team is trading a potential franchise QB they just took in the first round for a short term rental of Adams, lol.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We could've hired anyone and it wouldn't have mattered. All that did matter was the fact we committed to another year of mediocre QB play and he's done with it.

I'm just not sold on Pierce as a HC based on the past few weeks. Calling out players after only 3 weeks into the season and now this whole Instagram fiasco.  BTW, would you trust Pierce going forward with a young rookie QB?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I'm just not sold on Pierce as a HC based on the past few weeks. Calling out players after only 3 weeks into the season and now this whole Instagram fiasco.  BTW, would you trust Pierce going forward with a young rookie QB?

This is the real question. Deion as the new Raiders coach in 2025?

6 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I am not a fan of Pierce either brother but Adams liked him, he's more pissed we have no QB

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We could've hired anyone and it wouldn't have mattered. All that did matter was the fact we committed to another year of mediocre QB play and he's done with it.

Did Antonio Pierce play a role in this, though? Like, would a new coach have pushed harder to get an actual QB?

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Did Antonio Pierce play a role in this, though? Like, would a new coach have pushed harder to get an actual QB?

Hard to say and we were honestly kind of in a tough spot. They were reportedly enamored with Daniels and willing to give up the assets to get to #2 but the Commanders weren't interested in trading down. I don't think they were interested in Kirk either after they had just signed vets to big deals in back to back off-seasons that didn't work out. We were reportedly set on taking Penix at #13 but were shocked when he didn't make it to us.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

He should call players out when they give that kind of lackluster effort. Jack Jones was putting out a masterclass on how to avoid a ball carrier.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Hard to say and we were honestly kind of in a tough spot. They were reportedly enamored with Daniels and willing to give up the assets to get to #2 but the Commanders weren't interested in trading down. I don't think they were interested in Kirk either after they had just signed vets to big deals in back to back off-seasons that didn't work out. We were reportedly set on taking Penix at #13 but were shocked when he didn't make it to us.

Yeah that's fair. I think like no matter what though, what the **** did management think was going to happen rolling into the season with AOC and Minshew as the only QB's on the roster? That's literally telegraphing "We are not competing this year", especially in the AFCW.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah that's fair. I think like no matter what though, what the **** did management think was going to happen rolling into the season with AOC and Minshew as the only QB's on the roster? That's literally telegraphing "We are not competing this year", especially in the AFCW.

I genuinely think they believed that we could though after we went 8-9 with Jimmy/AOC and Minshew almost got the Colts to the playoffs. 

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

There was really nothing easy for yall to do for sure. Trade up for McCarthy or Nix was pretty much it. It would have taken a significant amount to do so, and who would want to trade up for Bo Nix anyway?

I think signing Minshew and rolling with AOC was a decent move. The options weren't really there, (though I'm apparently way higher on Jameis than most and would have preferred him. Obviously Darnold too). They'll be better this upcoming offseason.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1