Week 6 Thread: (4-1) Commanders at (3-2) Ravens - 1 PM on CBS

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It sure seems that way when you keep putting Ertz down when he's our 2nd most consistent receiver after Terry and he's Jayden’s security blanket.

Sinnott has a bright future but in no way is he ready to have as important a role as Ertz has in this offense for us right now. 

Ertz being our second most consistent receiver is not a good thing lol. He's on pace for 595 yards and no TDs. I get he's a savvy vet and I'm sure he helps Daniels development but he should not be this teams second best option. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Ertz being our second most consistent receiver is not a good thing lol. He's on pace for 595 yards and no TDs. I get he's a savvy vet and I'm sure he helps Daniels development but he should not be this teams second best option. 

We are currently 5th overall in Yards/Game, and 10th overall in Passing Yards/game.  

He’s the 2nd best option in a year where offense is down, and we spread the ball around.  

Just because his stats seem down, doesn’t diminish the impact he is having with this offense.  

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

We are currently 5th overall in Yards/Game, and 10th overall in Passing Yards/game.  

He’s the 2nd best option in a year where offense is down, and we spread the ball around.  

Just because his stats seem down, doesn’t diminish the impact he is having with this offense.  

You beat me to it. Just saying "Ertz is the 2nd best option and is only going to get 595 yards" doesn't tell the whole story. Yes, they are feeding Terry, but Jayden is probably hitting ... what ... at least 8 or 9 different guys in the passing game. For reference, we have 8 guys on the team that have 8 or more receptions on the season. Do you know how many other teams on our schedule have also done that? Zero. Look at it as a negative or a positive, but there's ball distribution and getting it into other players hands. 

I have Ertz pace closer to 650 yards at 38 per game, and we have two other guys who have missed games that are actually above him in the per game category with Brown and Ekeler. 

We ran into a stout run defense yesterday, and we were missing our bell cow. But this offense isn't about out-passing people. We're Top 4? in the NFL in rushing for a reason. 

Could we use another legit #2 receiver? Absolutely. Do we have bigger fish to fry on the other side of the ball first (if we were going to do something this year?) 100%. 

• Like 2

NFL always an enigma.. We waltz against the Browns and the Eglets have to hold on .. Coulda lost ! That worries me now when we get Carolina next week. We'll likely be down after the Ravens loss. I never expect easy wins .. 

AND we need to get the injury list- could be bad. BTW I try to watch Newton. He seems to be getting handled-pushed around . 

37 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

You beat me to it. Just saying "Ertz is the 2nd best option and is only going to get 595 yards" doesn't tell the whole story. Yes, they are feeding Terry, but Jayden is probably hitting ... what ... at least 8 or 9 different guys in the passing game. For reference, we have 8 guys on the team that have 8 or more receptions on the season. Do you know how many other teams on our schedule have also done that? Zero. Look at it as a negative or a positive, but there's ball distribution and getting it into other players hands. 

I have Ertz pace closer to 650 yards at 38 per game, and we have two other guys who have missed games that are actually above him in the per game category with Brown and Ekeler. 

We ran into a stout run defense yesterday, and we were missing our bell cow. But this offense isn't about out-passing people. We're Top 4? in the NFL in rushing for a reason. 

Could we use another legit #2 receiver? Absolutely. Do we have bigger fish to fry on the other side of the ball first (if we were going to do something this year?) 100%. 

I never said he was playing terrible. I said he's slow which he is. He doesn't have the burst he used to and its fairly obvious when he catches the ball because he either falls down or gets tackled immediately. His YAC is currently 2.4 which I cannot imagine is very high amongst the league leaders for TEs. I'm not saying to bench him what I'm trying to understand is why we can't get our second round pick involved at all? He's pretty fast for his size and seems wild to me that we can't figure out anyway to use him. 

Ertz has been targeted 29 times as opposed to Browns 18 and Ekelers 16. So I guess it could be a toss up between Ertz and Brown as opposed to who is this offenses second option but I still think having a TE that can't really get any YAC is an issue. Maybe you don't agree and that's fine but that's how I feel. 

49 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I never said he was playing terrible. I said he's slow which he is. He doesn't have the burst he used to and its fairly obvious when he catches the ball because he either falls down or gets tackled immediately. His YAC is currently 2.4 which I cannot imagine is very high amongst the league leaders for TEs. I'm not saying to bench him what I'm trying to understand is why we can't get our second round pick involved at all? He's pretty fast for his size and seems wild to me that we can't figure out anyway to use him. 

His YAC is the lowest, but his YPR is 6th among the Top 20 leaders. So, yes, getting open, going down, not being asked to do things in space after the catch. 

• Like 1

Interesting Snap Counts from Week 6: 

WRs: Terry McLaurin (80%), Luke McCaffrey (37%), Dyami Brown (32%), Olamide Zaccheaus (39%, Noah Brown (64%)

- When Brown is healthy he's the clear #2. When he's been out they rotate all the others at #2 equally. 

- Ben Sinnott played 19% of snaps this week which is down from his normal, he's usually been around 35-40%. That could of been because we were behind and throwing more. 

- Jer'Zhan Netwon played 54% of snaps, which is up from his 35-40% usual range. When Jon Allen went out with injury its obvious he took his snaps. They definitely rotate all 4 DTs though, and Efe Obada played 32% of snaps his first week back, I wonder if those were at DT after Allen went out. 

- Wagner and Luvu played 100% of all snaps. We had a 3rd linebacker on the field only 28% of the time, which was Mykal Walker. That's because we play almost exclusively in 3 Safety sets, Quan Martin (93%), Jeremy Chinn (82%) and Percy Butler (72%). 

- St. Juste played 96% of defensive plays, he practically never came off the field. He's our clear #1 which just shouldn't be his role. Sainristil played 69% and Igbinoghene had 51%. The only other CB who had snaps was Mike Davis with 3% (only 2 snaps). Forbes didn't play at all. 

- Jamin Davis didn't play at all.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Why aren't they working Sinnott into the plan a bit. Is he just not showing anything in practice. I keep reading too Macaffrey gets separation but J D isn't seeing it or not looking to him .

I can't speak for Sinnott. I don't know why he isn't playing. There is some thought that TEs take a little time to develop more than others.

Luke had a snap count of 22 (37% of offense). He's also probably generally the 3rd read+

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Ertz has been targeted 29 times as opposed to Browns 18 and Ekelers 16. So I guess it could be a toss up between Ertz and Brown as opposed to who is this offenses second option but I still think having a TE that can't really get any YAC is an issue. Maybe you don't agree and that's fine but that's how I feel. 

When I watch Ertz I just see serviceable.  He has made a couple of key catches, but I have learned not to expect much from him after the catch if it isn't wide open grass.

I am with you, I would rather see Sinnott worked in more.  No one will likely agree with me but I kind of think Bates should be the starting TE.  I think Bates gives you everything Ertz gives you as a pass catcher at this point plus he is a much better blocker.  Then I would put Sinnott in as the #2 when we have two TEs- Bates + Sinnott.  This is not a bad problem to have though as Ertz certainly isn't hurting us.