Jerry is cracking

WizardHawk

Have we ever had a strictly Jerry thread? In all my years here I don’t recall one. I think the old man is about to crack. 

Release your unbridled disgust here.

From his radio interview….

This is amazing. The old man is butt hurt immensely and I love it. He actually threatened to fire people over the questions they asked. LMAO. 

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

This actually brought a smile to my face… but instead of “cry Jerry cry,” is die Jerry die taking it too far?

my favorite part is Jerry saying the part that people who realized the cowboys had a stupid offseason (all in) are geniuses and should take part in the owners meeting.  Well, Jerry, I humbly accept this offer.  

• Like 1

Yeah I agree with the premise that bad choices can yield good results, and sometimes doing the smart thing has negative results. But is he trying to say he did the intelligent thing and it’s not working out? 

Because I feel like he was going against what most people felt was right. Half the fans wanted to let Dak play out this year. Obviously the way this season has started would at the very least help Dallas in negotiations, or at most sway them to let him go. Unfortunately, they signed him right before the first game.

Even the fans that WANTED to sign Dak are pissed because if you knew you were going to sign him then you do it early to beat rates and lock him in on a deal that might save us some cap space. 

Either option would help our roster/salary cap become more fluid and gives us something to work with. He chose the only option that cements our salary cap space and if things go wrong there’s nothing we can do about it. There’s no way he’s trying to say that was the smart thing to do and it just didn’t work out. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Have we ever had a strictly Jerry thread? In all my years here I don’t recall one. I think the old man is about to crack. 

Release your unbridled disgust here.

From his radio interview….

This is amazing. The old man is butt hurt immensely and I love it. He actually threatened to fire people over the questions they asked. LMAO. 

I mean, I kinda get him. No GM gets it right every time. Look at the monster they built in SF. Yet look at some of the boneheaded decisions they have made in early draft picks or roster cuts. Look at NE under Belichick and his abysmal draft record outside of the occasional super-steal. Even constant mid tier teams like New Orleans, or perennial playoff teams that always come up short like Baltimore. Tons of bad decisions that in hindsight, might have propelled them over the hurdle they constantly run into.

Doesn't matter who you are at GM. You're going to get somethings wrong, usually, a lot of things wrong. 

But this is the only fan base in the entire NFL where the focus is constantly in the hindsight, constantly on the negative, constantly reiterating the "yeah, but" scenarios. Instead of celebrating all of the terrific decisions and draft steals and UDFA finds and cheap free agent signings that become essential cogs in the machine in Dallas.

Jerry has made a ton of stupid decisions (coughpayingDakcough) but he's made a lot of great ones too. But this fan base will forget the 98 things he did correct, and only ever speak about the 2 he did wrong. They do the same at QB. Ignoring the 98 Romo 4th quarter comeback wins to focus on the 2 he came up short in (making it a proverbial 100, not actual numbers). And now doing the same about Dak, making it sound like he would be at best a backup on any other team and Jerry is forcing him to start anyway even though he is at best a league wide backup. Completely ignoring that he is actually pretty damn good and that every QB loses, throws picks, and has bad games. Outside of Dallas, most non Cowboy fans I know (and I know many, having been in NYC for almost all my life except for the 6 years I spent in South Bend and now having recently moved to Roanoke TX), actually think fairly high of Dak, thought pretty high of Romo, and are envious of having Jerry. They might crack the occasional choke artist joke of Romo, a never win with Jerry rib , or the throw another pick with Dak hardeeharhar joke. But for the most part it's only Dallas fans that actually think this stuff. 

Its an exhausting fan base to be part of. And I'm assume an exhausting fan base to be the team owner for. Good for him for getting it off his chest.

Now hand the team over to your son and promote McClay to GM, even though he has basically been GM in all but title anyway for the last decade or so.

Edited by Dallas94Ware

Amari Cooper traded for a 3rd and 5th, two years older than he was when Jerry could only scrounge a 5th for him. 

Thats another thing that deserves to be brought up in this thread. Jerry Routinely gets shafted in trades. Name one guy we have traded away and got a great return on since H. Walker. 

Maybe the Jets would give us something for Tyron Smith. They reportedly offered us a 2nd several seasons ago. Maybe the Broncos would have been willing to send over a pick to guarantee Demarcus Ware. Maybe the Dolphins send a pick for Byron Jones. Like, these are simple things that good franchises can do, instead we let guys walk out of respect for them. And when we do trade a player away we get garbage in return. I seriously think we have traded away the least amount of players in the league over the last 30 years. There’s gotta be a way to look that up. We don’t trade away players. 

If Dak and Lambs contracts ultimately prevent us from signing Parsons I guaran damn tee we just let him hit free agency. There will be no bounty. 

Edited by DaBoys

I've said it before and I'll say it now.  Jerry has terrific business/marketing acumen.  Just look at the value of the Cowboys.  If you wanted to know ways to improve the valuation of your franchise you could do a lot worse than Jerry.  Most fans, myself included, want success on the field. His football/GM acumen leaves a lot to be desired.  Park the ego Jerry and for the love of God let football folks run the on field operation.  Wishful thinking I know.

8 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

This actually brought a smile to my face… but instead of “cry Jerry cry,” is die Jerry die taking it too far?

my favorite part is Jerry saying the part that people who realized the cowboys had a stupid offseason (all in) are geniuses and should take part in the owners meeting.  Well, Jerry, I humbly accept this offer.  

It is not taking it too far, no.

And, I too accept the offer, as you and I could run that organization 100 times better than Jerry ever has.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Northland said:

I've said it before and I'll say it now.  Jerry has terrific business/marketing acumen.  Just look at the value of the Cowboys.  If you wanted to know ways to improve the valuation of your franchise you could do a lot worse than Jerry.  Most fans, myself included, want success on the field. His football/GM acumen leaves a lot to be desired.  Park the ego Jerry and for the love of God let football folks run the on field operation.  Wishful thinking I know.

It isn’t going to happen. If anything, it’ll get worse from here, as he’s officially entered the senile Al Davis phase of his life. We all just have to hope that he’ll die soon and that Stephen will remove the stick from his a$$, hire a GM, and stop pinching pennies.

4 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

It isn’t going to happen. If anything, it’ll get worse from here, as he’s officially entered the senile Al Davis phase of his life. We all just have to hope that he’ll die soon and that Stephen will remove the stick from his a$$, hire a GM, and stop pinching pennies.

We all know that.  One can have hope.  Reality is Jerry will just dig in, do it his way, and the circus will continue.