Bills trade for Browns WR Amari Cooper; release Marquez Valdes-Scantling

Forge

10 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Dude’s body is breaking down, I see why AB was trying to get rid of him. Buffalo might get a little out him but it probably won’t last.

A 3rd is pretty sweet for a guy clearly on the decline.

It's possible that his body is breaking down, but Cooper's game should age pretty well. He wasn't having much issues getting open, his hands have just sucked this year.

8 minutes ago, DawgX said:

It's possible that his body is breaking down, but Cooper's game should age pretty well. He wasn't having much issues getting open, his hands have just sucked this year.

Not to mention his stats would look alot better if that like 80+ yard TD bomb vs. Vegas wasn't called back. 

Coop will thrive in Buffalo this year. I am curious where he ends up after that.

• Like 2

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Not to mention his stats would look alot better if that like 80+ yard TD bomb vs. Vegas wasn't called back. 

Coop will thrive in Buffalo this year. I am curious where he ends up after that.

He will probably resign if he balls out. AFC contender in his early 30s is the place to be.

8 minutes ago, DawgX said:

He was showing signs last year, he had some great games but he also was starting to be hobbled more and more, not to mention his declining athleticism and lack of focus. What's the point of getting open when you don't catch the ball? This was a pretty sweet deal.

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Count me in the camp that thinks it won't amount to much, especially going to Buffalo when the weather is about to change and his game is predicated on sharp cuts and precision routes. I just don't see it, definitely not what he did last year. I could be wrong as well. 

7 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

He was showing signs last year, he had some great games but he also was starting to be hobbled more and more, not to mention his declining athleticism and lack of focus. What's the point of getting open when you don't catch the ball? This was a pretty sweet deal.

Oh, I don't disagree. I'm thrilled to get a third for a dude who's having a bad year and was gone next year. I just think he's capable of being plenty good in Buffalo.

I like this deal for Buffalo significantly more then the Jets acquiring Davante since it addresses an actual need and they're actually in a position to realistically contend.

On another note, though, this is like, what, his fifth team or something? Wonder why he can't seem to stick around anywhere.