Week 7! Eagles @ Giants. Saquon runs home!

UndyTaker

Wonder what Drake will think of Fran's comments.

We can be excited for the team getting a 28-3 win, but as soon as someone makes an objective comment about Hurts then the homers come out in waves. Dude is making $51 million and hes way overpaid for the product he is putting on the field. These are facts and if you cant accept it then dont make yourself look like a fool by arguing against it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

We can be excited for the team getting a 28-3 win, but as soon as someone makes an objective comment about Hurts then the homers come out in waves. Dude is making $51 million and hes way overpaid for the product he is putting on the field. These are facts and if you cant accept it then dont make yourself look like a fool by arguing against it.

Who is Drake? Is that Nabbs?

I also feel like Fran can be more real about the team now that he isn't hired by the team.

Only downside is now his content is behind a paywall over at PHLY and you have to buy an expensive year long membership smh

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Who is Drake? Is that Nabbs?

I also feel like Fran can be more real about the team now that he isn't hired by the team.

Only downside is now his content is behind a paywall over at PHLY and you have to buy an expensive year long membership smh

He goes over pretty much everything in the podcasts on youtube. Dont have to subscribe.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I forget what PFF pod it was on but they would sometimes do an “explain that grade” segment. But you are right that could be a good article idea they could do with maybe 3 of each cause they definitely wouldn’t do it for every team every week.

I just can’t wrap my head around how like every other secondary player had a good grade, but then Quinyon is in the dumps when he only gave up a 9 yard pass to Nabers and 6 yard pass to Robinson.

Oh that's a good idea then. I've listened to a few pff pods, mainly for draft stuff but have gotten away from them. But yeah I'm curious to see what guys like Fran Duffy and Cossell have to say about Quinyon. BGN dude does some decent film work too.

3 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

The fact that you call it "objective" is "subjective."

3 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

I think the problem is most people here don’t sound like Fran 

they sound like the yin to Nabbs yang

an honest conversation about jalen hurts has become nearly impossible here. 

there’s way too much emotion tied to jalen hurts. It’s essentially republican vs democrat at this point

there’s no legitimate middle ground

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

there’s way too much emotion tied to jalen hurts. It’s essentially republican vs democrat at this point

Well apparently you can only have that conversation about Hurts after some people's happiness wears off. Maybe we can pick it up on Wednesday? 

Until then... he scored 3 TDs "🤣🤣🤣" and hes MVP of the league

Edited by UndyTaker

39 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Let's have an honest conversation.  What does Jalen Hurts do legitimately well right now? What is he doing that we should all be happy about?

15 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Let's have an honest conversation.  What does Jalen Hurts do legitimately well right now? What is he doing that we should all be happy about?

In totality, right now, not much, other than a relatively nice deep ball and the last 2 weeks he hasn’t turned the ball over.

But he’s more engaged it seems than he was last year and my hope is the last 2 weeks are a sign of sirianni and Kellen taking a step back with Jalen to hopefully rebuild him.

the team as a whole looks like it’s having 10 times more fun than it did last year. They don’t look all weird and morose

jalen is part of that. Seeing him celebrate with AJ again and saquon. Seeing lane Johnson celebrate with Jalen. 

it as a fan at least allows me to have more fun with the team than I did last year.

jalen at this point my hope is just that this is rock bottom and that maybe Kellen and Nick can start trending it upward. 

I don’t know that it’ll ever trend upwards. But as a fan my hope is that by introducing some actual under center offense, play action and maybe if I’m lucky a screen game maybe he can get comfortable again

as bad as he is right now it’s clear that part of it is that he’s significantly more uncomfortable in the pocket than he’s ever been. He’s regressed on several levels. My hope is that if they take a step back with him like Doug never did with Carson. Maybe some sort of rebuild can start.

Jalen has inherent weaknesses. But right now he looks the least confident as a quarterback probably in his career.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

In totality, right now, not much, other than a relatively nice deep ball and the last 2 weeks he hasn’t turned the ball over.

But he’s more engaged it seems than he was last year and my hope is the last 2 weeks are a sign of sirianni and Kellen taking a step back with Jalen to hopefully rebuild him.

the team as a whole looks like it’s having 10 times more fun than it did last year. They don’t look all weird and morose

jalen is part of that. Seeing him celebrate with AJ again and saquon. Seeing lane Johnson celebrate with Jalen. 

it as a fan at least allows me to have more fun with the team than I did last year.

jalen at this point my hope is just that this is rock bottom and that maybe Kellen and Nick can start trending it upward. 

I don’t know that it’ll ever trend upwards. But as a fan my hope is that by introducing some actual under center offense, play action and maybe if I’m lucky a screen game maybe he can get comfortable again

as bad as he is right now it’s clear that part of it is that he’s significantly more uncomfortable in the pocket than he’s ever been. He’s regressed on several levels. My hope is that if they take a step back with him like Doug never did with Carson. Maybe some sort of rebuild can start.

Jalen has inherent weaknesses. But right now he looks the least confident as a quarterback probably in his career.

See I don't think he looks all that different than he did in 2021 and that's my problem.  I've seen roughly 80ish starts or so from Jalen between his college and pro career and he's making the same mistakes repeatedly he made in college and has the same limitations minus the elite running ability.  I'm not sure the best version of Jalen Hurts is much better than what we're seeing and that's just not acceptable from a QB being paid near the top of the league.  Offense has the talent to be an all-time great offense, but Jalen is keeping this offense from reaching those heights.