Packers Texans post game. Packers ****** victory from the jaws of defeat after trying to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory.

Refugee

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'm not sure I love JA pushing the boundaries of being flagged for PF's multiple times per game.

Would be huge if Nixon proves to be legit on the outside.

I feel this has been addressed on here, but here's a little more....

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2024/10/20/pregame-dust-up-with-texans-stefon-diggs-sets-tone-for-packers-defense/75768925007/

Those two have a long history with each other.  It is amusing to me that this happened during pre-game!

Just now, vegas492 said:

I feel this has been addressed on here, but here's a little more....

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2024/10/20/pregame-dust-up-with-texans-stefon-diggs-sets-tone-for-packers-defense/75768925007/

Those two have a long history with each other.  It is amusing to me that this happened during pre-game!

Yep.  As we were setting up the TV's yesterday, I mentioned to my buddy that I'd put money on JA earning a PF during the game by getting into it with Diggs.  About 15 minutes later, news broke on the pre-game incident.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The Mixon thing is so weird.  He always looked slow to me while playing for CIN, then yesterday he didn't look slow at all.  He looked fast and powerful.

I never saw him as a slow player. CIN used to lean on him pretty hard so maybe you saw him dinged up and yesterday he was fresh. He’s always had an amazing ability to hesitate a half a beat while keeping momentum. This can throw the defender off and then it’s all speed and power once he finds his lane. Very good runner and can catch it to boot. With all of the stuff that happened in college, I was glad the Pack didn’t take him but he was always a really tough runner on the field.

In today’s RB market, guys like him can be found for 3/25 16 guaranteed. I love Jacobs and he has carried the load to keep us in contention. I don’t want to grind him down and also think we could finds players at a lower price while we bring in rookie talent. The impact of having 2 preferably 3 quality RBs running behind a good line should not be underestimated. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This was Love predetermining where he was going to go with the ball. It was UGLY! 

I mean that's what a 3-step drop is, you're predetermining where you go based on pre-snap look. 

Love assumes Pitre is going to book it over to cover Doubs and Stingley is going to sink underneath and make that throw risky. Both players would've been disobeying cover 4 principles in that scenario though. Throw should've been predetermined for Doubs.

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah this is just straight up C4, nothing fancy. Totally on Love, bad read. Ball needs to go to Doubs based on pre-snap alignment.

Yea you wonder why Doubs wasn't the pre-snap read here with Pitre playing inside shade/alignment and your outside WR running a go to draw Stingley out of the play. 

35 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't know but Stroud was on the run all game long. Hell of a job defensively for sure. I think Hafley might actually know what he's doing. 😂

To my untrained eye.....  Our plan was to rush Stroud when down/distance presented itself.  Coverage was used on other downs.  I'm not sure we really set out to stop the run, but we did do some run/blitz stuff on occasion when needed.

I don't know enough about Stroud to know if he is a running QB like Murray, Richardson, Hurts....etc.  I do know that he is quite mobile in the pocket, though.

I'm as sold now as I was a few weeks ago on Haff and his ability to put in game plans for different teams and QB's.  

And it's an odd feeling.  One I'm not used to.

53 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

For all the struggles GB has had replacing Crosby, at least it looks like Gute finally found the answer at P.  Not only did Whelan have the great hold on the game winning kick, his punting was also outstanding.  5 punts, 56.8 gross, 51.6 net.

Whelan was great. On the other hand, game on the line and Orzech throws a grenade for a snap which is mildly concerning. He's been better this year overall but still not consistent enough. 

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I don't know enough about Stroud to know if he is a running QB like Murray, Richardson, Hurts....etc.  I do know that he is quite mobile in the pocket, though.

He's not, he's a run to throw guy. I would call him savvy more than elusive and a running threat. My gut instincts tell me he's under pressure more this year than last.