Packers Texans post game. Packers ****** victory from the jaws of defeat after trying to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory.

Refugee

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Which of the INT's should have been caught?  I would have to go back and rewatch, but I remember both INT's as clearly on Love.

Didn't both of them bounce off a couple of guys? But they were risky throws too.

I think we are going to have to get used to a gunslinger QB again.  It worked for Brett Favre.  It was a mixed bag for Jay Cutler.  It didn't work for Jeff George.  

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

I don’t think he will be and I wasn’t calling for it. Ray was just presenting me with a scenario

I honestly don't think Jordan Love is who is he today if it wasn't for Clements.  He's pretty much assured his position as long as he wants it IMO.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

His biggest hurdle is we have too many mouths to feed for anyone to become a star. I kinda feel for all the skill guys, like put any of our top 4 in LAC with Herbert or in KC with Mahomes and they're 1000 yard players, but today the ball went to Doubs and Wicks, Watson has been super productive when targeted, but we're severely underutilizing him. We went away from Reed today too. If Musgrave actually comes back healthy and is a big gazelle out there again it only gets worse.

I think we are at the point where Reed will be the guy teams try to take away, so it's time for the other guys to shine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

0% chance Clements get fired.

Just now, DannyB said:

I don’t think he will be and I wasn’t calling for it. Ray was just presenting me with a scenario

Isn't he like 80 years old? He is kind of mentoring Sean Manion to take over right now.  Didn't Clements retire once already and Rodgers got him to come back?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Didn't both of them bounce off a couple of guys? But they were risky throws too.

I think we are going to have to get used to a gunslinger QB again.  It worked for Brett Favre.  It was a mixed bag for Jay Cutler.  It didn't work for Jeff George.  

I remember the first as a deflection, and the second as an overthrow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

The road to the Super Bowl is going through the NFC North winner. 

Possibly.  But at some point, the NFC North is going to beat up on itself.  Since 2006, there's only been 2 seasons (2007 and 2022) where all 4 teams inside the division finished with a .500+ record.  And I believe since the conference split into 4 divisions, we've never had a division with every team with a winning record.

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Isn't he like 80 years old? He is kind of mentoring Sean Manion to take over right now.  Didn't Clements retire once already and Rodgers got him to come back?

71.  And Mannion is likely next in line for the position once Clements decides to retire.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Possibly.  But at some point, the NFC North is going to beat up on itself.  Since 2006, there's only been 2 seasons (2007 and 2022) where all 4 teams inside the division finished with a .500+ record.  And I believe since the conference split into 4 divisions, we've never had a division with every team with a winning record.

*cough, Vikings.

10 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

💯 this. I’m fine with the picks. Sure they were dangerous throws, and one should have been caught. BUT, we’re also all spoiled and tainted from a narcissistic QB who avoided risk at all cost and we lost important games because of it. I’d much rather trade picks for a win it all mentality then a Rodger’s esque me mentality.

I’m 100% not fine with those picks. They led directly to 9 points, and one FG very easily could’ve been a TD. Those are game losing plays that Love has to get under control. As I’ve said before, I don’t need Love to be as averse to picks as Rodgers was, but he simply cannot keep throwing multiple per game

• Like 1

Just now, ccecilnosebleed said:

*cough, Vikings.

IF you assume the Vikings go 0-5 against the remaining NFC North teams, they still have games against LA Rams, Jacksonville, and Arizona who all currently have losing records.  They'd have to completely fall apart to not get to at least 8 wins.  Figure 2 wins in that group plus 2 inside the division puts them at 9-8.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

I remember the first as a deflection, and the second as an overthrow.

Yeah, there was one that got tipped, then bounced off of Doubs and a safety couldn't quite get to it, that I was remembering.  

Love throwing INTs is something we are going to have to get used to, because Rodgers just didn't do it.  Love's 8 INTs this season already is more than ten of Aarons seasons as a Packer and tied with two more. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

IF you assume the Vikings go 0-5 against the remaining NFC North teams, they still have games against LA Rams, Jacksonville, and Arizona who all currently have losing records.  They'd have to completely fall apart to not get to at least 8 wins.  Figure 2 wins in that group plus 2 inside the division puts them at 9-8.

Don’t disagree, but they’ve also done it before. I’m not saying it won’t be a race, but can you not see them falling apart?

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I honestly don't think Jordan Love is who is he today if it wasn't for Clements.  He's pretty much assured his position as long as he wants it IMO.

That’s fine. If Love can’t improve his mechanics and develop better decision making, then I’ll either want a different QB or a different QB coach. And one of those is much easier to replace. That’s my opinion, not a prediction.