9/15/24 @hou.png&scale=crop&cquality=40&location=HOU L19-13

Commanders Last 5

DATE OPP RESULT
10/20/24 vscar.png&scale=crop&cquality=40&location=CAR W40-7
10/13/24 @bal.png&scale=crop&cquality=40&location=BAL L30-23
10/6/24 vscle.png&scale=crop&cquality=40&location=CLE W34-13
9/29/24 @ari.png&scale=crop&cquality=40&location=ARI W42-14
9/23/24 @cin.png&scale=crop&cquality=40&location=CIN W38-33

I'm more worried about what uniforms we're going to wear, than Jayden Daniels injury.

This an old NFC Conference rivalry that goes back to the 1930's, for those Redskins/NFL historians like myself.

My favorite player all-time Sammy Baugh vs Sid Luckman.

Now we have hopefully #2 overall pick Jayden Daniels vs #1 overall pick Caleb Williams.

I'm still absolutely dumbfounded this wasn't put on Primetime, when the schedule came out originally. I mean....how often do the top 2 QB's from the same draft play each other in their rookie season? Specially, with the history these 2 teams have vs each other historically.

Anyways...

If you had told me before the season began, that I was only allowed to watch 1 of the 17 games on the schedule?

This would have been my pick.

When these 2 teams play, it's usually always physical. They kicked our *** last year with Justin Fields, so hopefully we bring our physicality to them & give them a little payback.

That would be the only reason, I would be ok sitting Jayden.

Otherwise, I want to selfishly see these 2 QB's square off & see how we match up to them compared to last seasons beat down.

I would love it, if we kicked their ***.

Imo, this is a statement game.

If we can handle the Bears?

We should be good enough, to take on anyone in the NFC Playoffs. (Imo)

And I mean anyone.

I'm going to say it's 95% M M starts this game. I saw the replay of J D injury and he was bent over forward and compressed from the back side with his legs trapped under him and rolled over by two guys weighing bout 450 ish pounds. That rib cartilage took a load . Something had to give.. I really think it's a 100% he's out like Armstrong just was this past week. 

I  think he's likely to miss multiple games. If the cartilage is actually cracked or torn it's a 6-12 week complete recovery . If he has a lesser injury -then he should consider himself and us fans VERY lucky. This is a very very worrisome injury. We may become big M M fans / or haters in the interim !

MM wound up doing pretty well last Sunday but if he plays which I think he will, I don’t believe he will fare as well as he did against the Panthers. Bears D is good and I think we will have a hard time scoring especially with MM at QB. I hope Mr. Whitt has a good game plan for CW to keep the game close. 
5-3

50 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I'm going to say it's 95% M M starts this game. I saw the replay of J D injury and he was bent over forward and compressed from the back side with his legs trapped under him and rolled over by two guys weighing bout 450 ish pounds. That rib cartilage took a load . Something had to give.. I really think it's a 100% he's out like Armstrong just was this past week. 

I  think he's likely to miss multiple games. If the cartilage is actually cracked or torn it's a 6-12 week complete recovery . If he has a lesser injury -then he should consider himself and us fans VERY lucky. This is a very very worrisome injury. We may become big M M fans / or haters in the interim !

Yeah I'm pretty sure its going to be Mariota as well. I don't see how you could heal that quickly when he was that hurt.

55 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I don't think it's this thankfully with the "W2W" designation and no IR move. 

22 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't think it's this thankfully with the "W2W" designation and no IR move. 

I hope you're right and I'm wrong ! Cartilage injuries are more painful than a broken rib so I've read .

5 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I want to steal Thai’s bit, so he has to come back and top it. 

THEM: WHO’S THERE?

ME: FIEVEL

THEM: FIEVEL WHO?

ME: FIEVEL BE OUR WIN TOTAL AFTER THIS GAME

An American Tail Cartoon GIF

‎Reazioni GIF

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

I hope you're right and I'm wrong ! Cartilage injuries are more painful than a broken rib so I've read .

And take longer to heal, so let's hope not.  Bruised ribs, cracked ribs, etc would be better than soft tissue.  

If Daniels can play I think we win this game.  I have little faith in Mariota despite his performance last week.  We will not get 5+ seconds on average to throw the ball.  It is going to be a very different situation.  Obviously daniels is not going to be 100% but I would play him if he can play.  The situation you are worried about is if like an ACL is torn and by playing a hit might result in also the MCL/LCL tearing because the joint is unstable.  I don't think that is the situation here.  So I would play him if he can play.  Give him a pain shot, rub some dirt on it, this is football!

3 minutes ago, offbyone said:

And take longer to heal, so let's hope not.  Bruised ribs, cracked ribs, etc would be better than soft tissue.  

If Daniels can play I think we win this game.  I have little faith in Mariota despite his performance last week.  We will not get 5+ seconds on average to throw the ball.  It is going to be a very different situation.  Obviously daniels is not going to be 100% but I would play him if he can play.  The situation you are worried about is if like an ACL is torn and by playing a hit might result in also the MCL/LCL tearing because the joint is unstable.  I don't think that is the situation here.  So I would play him if he can play.  Give him a pain shot, rub some dirt on it, this is football!

whew, I don't like that plan . I want him real close to 100% without any needles involved. 

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

whew, I don't like that plan . I want him real close to 100% without any needles involved. 

I am glad they pulled him on sunday so he could be fully evaluated by the medical staff.  Now that he has, it is time for them to decide if it is a pain thing or a further injury thing.  I know it's not the popular thing to say, but this isn't patty cake.  He is going to be getting hit and nicked up his whole career and he will have to play through injury like every other player.  I believe he did in college and he will here too.  Needles aren't all that bad if it isn't a habitual thing.  They get a bad rap.  Better than pain pills in my opinion.