2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

I can't lie, I'm smiling at the thought of having Baker & Jamal Adams hype up their sides of the ball before a prime-time game. 

He better learns how to plant flag properly before he finally plays in Gillette Stadium. If that's all we care about.

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

It's going to cost a lot whether we move up to 1, 2, or 3. For top 2 you're looking at our 1st, a 2nd, and a future 1st. #3 I think 1st, 2nd, and 4th gets it done. 

I know it's early, just stating what I think will happen. Forget G/T, he's the best offensive line prospect I can remember since Joe Thomas. Hopefully we sign Kirk and he falls to us at 6 like Leo and Adams did, but I don't see it happening. 

Barkley falling to us would be ideal for me. Grab an olineman later. Wynn for Georgia is impressing me. Probably a G at the NFL level.

Does anyone else see mac trading a second or third rounder for Alex Smith then going OL or DL with this pick? 

Just a thought. I can't see Mac reaching if, say, two of the top QBs have been taken. He also doesn't seem like the type to trade up to #2 Just to get the second best QB (assuming the Giants are fine with Manning.) 

2 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Does anyone else see mac trading a second or third rounder for Alex Smith then going OL or DL with this pick? 

Just a thought. I can't see Mac reaching if, say, two of the top QBs have been taken. He also doesn't seem like the type to trade up to #2 Just to get the second best QB (assuming the Giants are fine with Manning.) 

He’s absolutely an option although down on my list.

1. Cousins

2. Somehow get Rosen

3. Explore trade options like Smith and McCarron

4. Draft a guy like Darnold or Mayfield at 6.

Just now, rickyt31 said:

My guy Chubb

I think Alex Smith would have to be moved early because of his cap hit. I'll check on that. I know he's getting $20M. I think if we get Alex, it's not going to stop us from drafting a QB early. 

I just don’t think KC is ready to give the reigns to Mahomes yet. Maybe after 2018.

5 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

It is hard to figure out.  He had been passive during the draft.  He values picks more than certain prospects but so far he has collected talents to strengthen team depth and now is it time for him to strike a gold?  It remains unseen.  We will see

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I just don’t think KC is ready to give the reigns to Mahomes yet. Maybe after 2018.

According to Adam, the organization loves Mahomes who almost had a 300yd game with Albert Wilson being his #1 target. They are in a really bad cap situation. So it can very well happen pending on what happens in the playoffs.

49ers traded a mere 2nd round pick for Jimmy G.  Browns almost traded 2nd and 3rd round picks for McCarron.  Smith may be moved for cheaper if Chiefs want to get rid of his salary. 

If McCown asks for 12-15m then Alex Smith's 17m is acceptable as long as Jets get him for 4th round pick.

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

According to Adam, the organization loves Mahomes who almost had a 300yd game with Albert Wilson being his #1 target. They are in a really bad cap situation. So it can very well happen pending on what happens in the playoffs.

Also, this year is Chiefs' last "competitive" year. Next year, they could be on rebuilding mode if they aren't able to collect FA talents to stay competitive.  I can see Chiefs move him no matter what.

Although I would love to get Smith for a 4th I doubt the chiefs trade him for less than a 3rd. Bradford in consecutive years went for a 2nd and a 1st. Obviously some of that was an overpay... but I think Smith is way better than Bradford. If Mac can get him for a 3rd I'd consider it a steal, although THE Chiefs almost definitely ask for a 2nd.

Browns- Josh Allen

Giants- Josh Rosen/Mike McGlinchey

Colts- Quenton Nelson/Saquon Barkley/Bradley Chubb

Browns- Saquon Barkley/Bradley Chubb/Quenton Nelson

Broncos- Josh Rosen/Mike McGlinchey/Quenton Nelson/Minkah Fitzpatrick

Jets- Sam Darnold/Baker Mayfield/Saquon Barkley

Just now, Colt45fool said:

Although I would love to get Smith for a 4th I doubt the chiefs trade him for less than a 3rd. Bradford in consecutive years went for a 2nd and a 1st. Obviously some of that was an overpay... but I think Smith is way better than Bradford. If Mac can get him for a 3rd I'd consider it a steal, although THE Chiefs almost definitely ask for a 2nd.

Ouch.

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Browns- Josh Allen

Giants- Josh Rosen/Mike McGlinchey

Colts- Quenton Nelson/Saquon Barkley/Bradley Chubb

Browns- Saquon Barkley/Bradley Chubb/Quenton Nelson

Broncos- Josh Rosen/Mike McGlinchey/Quenton Nelson/Minkah Fitzpatrick

Jets- Sam Darnold/Baker Mayfield/Saquon Barkley

relax. I already read one in other thread. lol.

Minkah Fitzpatrick and Courtland Sutton could be solid options if Darnold stays. umm.

13 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

It is hard to figure out.  He had been passive during the draft.  He values picks more than certain prospects but so far he has collected talents to strengthen team depth and now is it time for him to strike a gold?  It remains unseen.  We will see

Yeah this is my thing. Since mac is passive and almost always looking for a deal, I can see him taking care of QB with Smith for an early pick and use the other three premium picks on BPA (OL/DL/CB/RB/WR)

It's not my favorite scenario, but I wouldn't be upset with it. It also fits into Macs drafting history.

Archived