2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Not really. We’d have to give up a 2nd this year (probably our 1st one) and next years 1st to move up. For me it’s no question that getting Cousins should be plan A. Then think about a trade up if we really like a guy. If we don’t stay out and let the draft fall to us. I don’t see 4 QBs going 1-5. So a QB will be available.

True. This will be pretty fun. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Last few trades ups into the top 2 happened early on. 

I rather ya not sit on our hands waiting. Now of course Indy probably waits it out for the best offer if they even do move out of the spot

#6 has to been good to us tho. 

Making trades in April remains the best way to do ALWAYS.  If Jets decided to trade up right after the combine, I would expect Jets to have a certain prospect under house arrest immediately.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Rosen is still #1 on my draft board. Here is the thing, he has never caused a program with his coaches or teammates. He has never did things like call out his coaches or piss off his teammates. They all love him and have shown that via twitter to every reporter who has tried to make him look like a cancer. I've watched him in interviews take the blame for L's.

I agree about Baker.

4 hours ago, K-Ro 25 said:

I like you. Outside of Allen, who I have under Jackson, my list is exactly the same. 

I went back a switched it myself.  I told myself I wouldn't touch Allen and I like Jackson a lot so I don't know why I had them on the same level.  The size and arm strength blinded me for a sec and then I realized just how bad he really was.  I have to remind myself not to get sucked in come combine time with Allen.

It looks like Darnold may stay by all indications so I'd expect CLE, NYG, and maybe DEN to take the top 3 in some order (Rosen, Mayfield, Allen).  Of coarse the guy I want in Mayfield is now likely out of reach but I still love me some Jackson despite a poor bowl game.  I'd only trade up for Rosen or Mayfield if one drops to the INDY pick at 3.  If not I'm letting Jackson fall right to our laps.

I don't see Kirk getting out of WAS.  With the transition tag I bet they match any offers for him so for some reason I can't see him going anywhere.   My gut says they use that on him and let others set the market for him and they match.  They'd be dumb not to but it is Washington so who knows what Synder will do.

Archived