2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

Now that we know Darnold and Rosen will be there, would you go for one of them or go in for Cousins? 

Have to wait to see if Redskins actually tag him again.  If tagged, go for Rosen.

If Dorsey didn't change his feeling towards Rosen then it could be much cheaper for Jets to trade up.

Wow. Not surprised at all Rosen declared but actually very surprised Darnold declared after a pretty bad season. Either way the more QBs the better our chances are of getting our guy. So this is a good thing. I have Cousins as the priority and then somehow getting Rosen via trading up as option 2. And imo those should be the only 2 options for us at QB.

We're going to end up with Rosen, Darnold, or Cousins.  $100M cap space & 4 picks in the top 50 in the most loaded QB offseason we might see in years. Also, our OC situation will play a big part in recruiting Cousins. A lot of things can happen, but I think we're going to end up with one of those three.

If we end up taking a defensive lineman or safety now I will killl Macc!! 

This is the year to finally get our franchise qb. Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield should be right at the top of our list. I love Lamar Jackson too but I think the first three I mentioned would be the guys we will be more interested in.

Not to be a Debbie downer after the great news of the QBs declaring but I do worry that Macc and Bowles are the right men for the job. 

Macc never hit on a qb in Houston (not that he had full control over the draft) so we have no good history to go off. 

Bowles doesn’t seem the type of coach who can help and develop a qb. I just hope he goes all in on development and not playing a guy who’s 40 just to get an extra win on his record.

Time will tell boys but I think this will be our offseason to get THE GUY we’ve neeeded since Broadway Joe. 

It didn't make sense for Darnold to stay at USC. He is a lock to go in top 8. Go after Cousins unless the money gets too unreasonable. I think $28/year is market value. But would not mind the Jets going to $30/year. If he wants more than that, sign other free agents and be aggressive during the draft. Rosen and Mayfield are my top  two QBs. But if we land Darnold, I'm ordering a jersey for each one of my family members. 

53 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

We're going to end up with Rosen, Darnold, or Cousins.  $100M cap space & 4 picks in the top 50 in the most loaded QB offseason we might see in years. Also, our OC situation will play a big part in recruiting Cousins. A lot of things can happen, but I think we're going to end up with one of those three.

Our 3rd Rounder won’t be until like pick 70. So it’s 4 players in the top 70 or so. 3 in the top 50.

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Our 3rd Rounder won’t be until like pick 70. So it’s 4 players in the top 70 or so. 3 in the top 50.

No matter where Jets are slated in 3rd, we don't get 4 top 50 picks.  Does he smell the opportunity to trade back into 2nd round?

27 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

It didn't make sense for Darnold to stay at USC. He is a lock to go in top 8. Go after Cousins unless the money gets too unreasonable. I think $28/year is market value. But would not mind the Jets going to $30/year. If he wants more than that, sign other free agents and be aggressive during the draft. Rosen and Mayfield are my top  two QBs. But if we land Darnold, I'm ordering a jersey for each one of my family members. 

Save jersey for HOFer only.  It is really hard to put a faith in Jets. lol.

Archived