2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Haha Allen got some upside Man. But yeah I’d probably keep developing Hack.

i keep having this dream he signed with New England and you know the rest. 

I'm not a big Allen fan personally.  I see athletic Blake Bortles and I hate Bortles game.

23 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Denver is the favorite for Cousins.  

Eh, to follow the footsteps of Elway, and then Manning. He comes here he has a chance to play for 6 years and maybe be the best QB we've ever had. Plus its not as big of a move for his family. Washington to NY isn't a stones throw but its like a 4 hour drive and there is nothing like winning in NY. I mean as Jets fans we don;t have any idea what that is but it sounds good right? You sold Kirk? I just want a legit QB, idc how anymore. After watching Petty, I cant do another year with either a 40 year old or a 26 year old who couldn't accurately play catch with a 10 year old.

7 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

lol guys Cousins is going to have options. If a team wants him and he wants to play there they will make it happen. 

Some are vastly overrating the Jets situation 

I think we will be serious players in the Cousins sweepstakes. But the Bills and Broncos could be the front runners. Going to depend on what Cousins wants.

Weekend Cousins Recruiting Schedule:

Friday-Sunday:

• Fly Cousins and his family in a private jet from DC to NYC. Have a world class chef on the plane cooking some amazing steak
  • When the plane lands, Woody Johnson gives his credit card to Cousins and tells him to have at it for the weekend. The Jets already have reservations for a few top restaurants, a broadway show, other stuff for the Cousins family

Monday: Talk about football stuff and handcuff Cousins to a chair. Tell him he cant leave until he signs

It's that simple. Not sure what the big deal is. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Eh, to follow the footsteps of Elway, and then Manning. He comes here he has a chance to play for 6 years and maybe be the best QB we've ever had. Plus its not as big of a move for his family. Washington to NY isn't a stones throw but its like a 4 hour drive and there is nothing like winning in NY. I mean as Jets fans we don;t have any idea what that is but it sounds good right? You sold Kirk? I just want a legit QB, idc how anymore. After watching Petty, I cant do another year with either a 40 year old or a 26 year old who couldn't accurately play catch with a 10 year old.

In Denver he doesn't have to deal with the NY media.  A lot of people don't want the spotlight.  Also theyll move. 

Every single team in the sweepstakes will offer Cousins money, so money won’t be a factor in his decision imo. Things that will matter is winning formula and coaching. As of right now I’d say we are middle in the pack as far as teams offering him. Contrary to popular belief our WRs aren’t exactly great. Middle of the pack like I stated. He likes throwing to RBs and TEs. See Thompson and Reed (when healthy). ASJ is a good start at TE, Leggett will be healthy, but it’ll be hard to sell him on a guy that’s never played that was a 5th Rounder. At RB what are we selling him an almost 30yr old Powell and McGuire? This needs to be upgraded big time. 1 of the 1st 3 picks we’d have to tell him we will for sure go RB. Last and certainly not least... OLine. He had a revolving door on te like this year, so I This being the most fresh in his mind. We are middle of the pack on this too. I think we’d have to convince him we will get a great C and upgrade at either G or T will a high pick or another FA. This deal won’t be as simple as just going over the top on a contract offer. We need to sell him the team, not te city and money.

Yeah, it depends on what Cousins is looking for. We have a good shot, but it does seem like we're in the middle. I'm sure after being in washington for so long, he wants to win. So he'll look for the team that's heading in the right direction. 

I just think the opening that a lot of popel have on here will be vacant. i.e. I think Jacksonville keeps Bortles. KC keeps Smith. I think our biggest threat is Denver. They have a winning culture and have some pieces in place. We will have to convince Cousins that with the additional cap money and draft picks we can make our offense better than that of Denver's. Bc we know we cant make our defense as good as theres.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I just think the opening that a lot of popel have on here will be vacant. i.e. I think Jacksonville keeps Bortles. KC keeps Smith. I think our biggest threat is Denver. They have a winning culture and have some pieces in place. We will have to convince Cousins that with the additional cap money and draft picks we can make our offense better than that of Denver's. Bc we know we cant make our defense as good as theres.

At least if Denver signs him, they become another team in front of us who won't draft a QB. If we're going to compare coaching to them, they had the same record with better players. Elway is the big difference maker. 

7 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

I'd rather draft a QB then sign Cousins. 

Darnold, Rosen, Jackson and Allen are all just 20.  Mayfield is 22.  Would hope to have 12-15 high level years vs. 4-6 with Cousins.

Well ya. But there’s HUGE risk in every one of those QBs. When there’s virtually no risk in cousins. Anyone of those drafted QBs can be flops.

Archived