2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

52 minutes ago, xenajets said:

If we end up taking a defensive lineman or safety now I will killl Macc!! 

This is the year to finally get our franchise qb. Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield should be right at the top of our list. I love Lamar Jackson too but I think the first three I mentioned would be the guys we will be more interested in.

Not to be a Debbie downer after the great news of the QBs declaring but I do worry that Macc and Bowles are the right men for the job. 

Macc never hit on a qb in Houston (not that he had full control over the draft) so we have no good history to go off. 

Bowles doesn’t seem the type of coach who can help and develop a qb. I just hope he goes all in on development and not playing a guy who’s 40 just to get an extra win on his record.

Time will tell boys but I think this will be our offseason to get THE GUY we’ve neeeded since Broadway Joe. 

Agree.  Unless he signs Cousins - they MUST take a QB.

I'm hoping for Darnold or Rosen but I do like the others too. 

45 minutes ago, xenajets said:

If we end up taking a defensive lineman or safety now I will killl Macc!! 

This is the year to finally get our franchise qb. Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield should be right at the top of our list. I love Lamar Jackson too but I think the first three I mentioned would be the guys we will be more interested in.

Not to be a Debbie downer after the great news of the QBs declaring but I do worry that Macc and Bowles are the right men for the job. 

Macc never hit on a qb in Houston (not that he had full control over the draft) so we have no good history to go off. 

Bowles doesn’t seem the type of coach who can help and develop a qb. I just hope he goes all in on development and not playing a guy who’s 40 just to get an extra win on his record.

Time will tell boys but I think this will be our offseason to get THE GUY we’ve neeeded since Broadway Joe. 

Not even Vita Vea?  Anyway, Williams is only Macc's 1st round DL for Jets so we should not be worrying about that.

Too early to call Bowles out for qb problem. He committed to Geno Smith but Decker and Marshall cried hard for Fitzpatrick. McCown was his choice and it worked out jsut fine.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Not even Vita Vea?  Anyway, Williams is only Macc's 1st round DL for Jets so we should not be worrying about that.

Too early to call Bowles out for qb problem. He committed to Geno Smith but Decker and Marshall cried hard for Fitzpatrick. McCown was his choice and it worked out jsut fine.

Did Decker and Marshall pay Ik to break Geno's jaw?  LOL

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:08 AM, Rockice_8 said:

He looks more like an elite RT to me.  If he does play LT he might struggle with speed rushers a times.  Overall he looks like a very good OT prospect though

Yes McGlinchey, did have big trouble with the Miami speed rushers, but he is big and strong and would make a outstanding RT. Moving Shell to OG would also work, I think he would be a much better at the guard position. The only knock I read on Shell is they said he did not have strong hands, what ever that means.

42 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Yes McGlinchey, did have big trouble with the Miami speed rushers, but he is big and strong and would make a outstanding RT. Moving Shell to OG would also work, I think he would be a much better at the guard position. The only knock I read on Shell is they said he did not have strong hands, what ever that means.

Shell is fine at RT just up grade C and an OG spot and we'll be good to go.

5 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Shell is fine at RT just up grade C and an OG spot and we'll be good to go.

Shell got worse as the season went on though.  A good move might be to take a guy like Orlando Brown in the 2nd if he's there.  Most think he'll be either a guard or an RT at the next level.  Gives us flexibility to either see how Shell does this year and play Brown at guard or flip them.

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

I expect two outcomes this year: either sign Kirk Cousins or trade up for a QB. I don’t see the Giants taking one, putting the #2 and #3 pick into focus for a trade. 

To me, I see either Allen or Darnold going one, Rosen going two, and if we don't sign Cousins, trading up to the Colts to take Darnold or Allen (although I prefer Mayfield).

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

I expect two outcomes this year: either sign Kirk Cousins or trade up for a QB. I don’t see the Giants taking one, putting the #2 and #3 pick into focus for a trade. 

My thoughts exactly. Cousins is my 1st choice then the trade up. The next part of that though is who are we trading up for. IMO online Rosen is worth trading up for. I just don’t see enough in Darnold or Mayfield to give up a our 2nd this year and our 1st next year.

22 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

To me, I see either Allen or Darnold going one, Rosen going two, and if we don't sign Cousins, trading up to the Colts to take Darnold or Allen (although I prefer Mayfield).

I can see Gettleman trading down from 2-to-6. We may look at the 4 QBs and think we have them figured out, but in reality I think Macc will only have 1 or 2 QBs ranked in his top 6. That’s why I feel we’d trade up... don’t think he’ll want to sit around and risk losing that player (kind of like CHI did last year) 

29 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I value Darnold more than Allen or Mayfield. I don’t see Mayfield or Allen as must have players worth trading up for and giving up big assets for. If they fall to 6 and we fill the trigger so be it. I still don’t like either of them, but atleast we didn’t give up a ton for them. Giving up our 2nd and next years 1st is a big trade and I don’t see the sense in doing that for either of those 2. I wouldn’t be happy if we traded up for Darnold but I wouldn’t hate it either. 

25 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My thoughts exactly. Cousins is my 1st choice then the trade up. The next part of that though is who are we trading up for. IMO online Rosen is worth trading up for. I just don’t see enough in Darnold or Mayfield to give up a our 2nd this year and our 1st next year.

We are at 6. I don't think it'll cost 2 first and a second to get up to the 2nd pick. Two first should get it done. But I can;t see us trading with the Giants. Likelier would be the Colts and the Browns. For those I could see us trading our 6 and 2 of our next 3 three picks (either 2 seconds or a second and a 3rd).

19 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

That's a great list of players! I'm not sure we were really in position to land any of them Kamara was the closest player to one of our picks but the Saints traded up.

Could've drafted Marcus Williams in round 3, traded up for Kamara, Juju in round 2, etc.

Archived